where expertise comes together ... since 1996

The Web's Largest Open Access Database of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum and a Professional Network
All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Corrosion C-scan mapping instrument - Pls help!
General Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Italian NDT Talk
About Articles & News
Special Sessions
ECNDT 2014 CMC Team (beta)

DÜRR NDT GmbH & Co. KG
The CR-Scanners provided by DÜRR NDT have their main application in the NDT environment. Rely your daily inspection on Quality MADE IN GERMANY.

Technical Discussions
08:55 Oct-21-2008
Tran Woo
Corrosion C-scan mapping instrument - Pls help!
Hello everybody,

I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
Thanks and regards,

Tran Woo
Korea National Petroleum Corp

07:19 Oct-22-2008

Mark Nel
, Applications Advisor,
Technology Design Ltd.,
United Kingdom,
Joined Jul 2005
43 Stand of Technology Design Ltd
Re: Corrosion C-scan mapping instrument - Pls help!
Hi Tran Woo - AGR Field Operations in the UK manufactures a good range of computerised UT equipment. The TD Handy-Sacn and TD Focus-Scan instruments will meet your requirement. See http://www.agr.com/en/Our-Services/Field-Operations/Ultrasonic-Technologies/
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello everybody,
: I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: Thanks and regards,
: Tran Woo
: Korea National Petroleum Corp
------------ End Original Message ------------

01:25 Oct-23-2008

John O'Brien

Consultant, - ,
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
: Hello everybody,
: I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: Thanks and regards,
: Tran Woo
: Korea National Petroleum Corp

Your message is a little confusing as you are talking about corrosion mapping and phased array. You may not need a phased array approach to conduct good C-Scan mapping. A lot will depend on what you actually want to C-Scan map in terms of configurations and scanning.

If its in situ corrosion mapping of large areas such as pipes, vessels tanks and pipelines there are an array of systems available all good but with limitations and advantages. Companies such as NDT Automation, Force Institute, GE Inspection the list could be endless, you will find many of them advertising on this site.

I suggest you sit down and write a one page key points specification of what you want to do with the system immediately as essential to have items and then a secondary list of what you might want to do in the future with the system and then send to a list of suppliers to see what they offer in terms of your specific requirements.

01:58 Oct-23-2008
mj
: Hi Tran Woo - AGR Field Operations in the UK manufactures a good range of computerised UT equipment. The TD Handy-Sacn and TD Focus-Scan instruments will meet your requirement. See http://www.agr.com/en/Our-Services/Field-Operations/Ultrasonic-Technologies/
: : Hello everybody,
hello,
AGR Equipment is best and user friendly one for your C scan Inspection, also you may have to talk to Phenox to get a good XY scanner

: : I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: : Thanks and regards,
: : Tran Woo
: : Korea National Petroleum Corp

Your Email Address: You will receive an email when a new message of this topic appears

© NDT.net   |Advertise|   |Contact|   |About Us