The Open Access NDT Database

The Web's Largest Database of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum and a Professional Network
All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
about corrosion scanning
General Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Italian NDT Talk
About Articles & News
Special Sessions

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

Technical Discussions
19:22 Jul-12-2010

rameshdasu
NDT Inspector, AXIS INSPECTION technologies,
Saudi aramco/inspection unit.,
India,
Joined Jul 2008
about corrosion scanning
dear all,

this is ramesh, i am working as a ut technician,present my job status corrosion scanning, i am doing back wall reference with step wedge block calibration.than using tr probe 5mhz. i have to identify corrosion pits also.do we have any advance technique for corrosion scanning,and some times i have to do with paint,what is the advance technique with paint.if i do with paint i am not getting some times good scatters..but i have to identify imperfections. i hope i get information shortly,thank you for all...

19:51 Jul-12-2010

Anand Desai
Engineering, ,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Feb 2010
8 Stand of GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies GmbH
Re: about corrosion scanning
In Reply to rameshdasu on 19:22 Jul-12-2010 (Opening).

Hi Ramesh,

GE Inspection Technologies has multi echo probes for through paint measurements... Also, there are advanced phased array dual element linear phased array probes for corrosion mapping. check out this link
http://www.geinspectiontechnologies.com/en/index.html then click on " NEW CORROSION BROCHURE".

Anand

09:54 Jul-13-2010

Mark Nel
, Applications Advisor,
Technology Design Ltd.,
United Kingdom,
Joined Jul 2005
39 Stand of Technology Design Ltd

Hi Ramesh, There are many advanced corrosion mapping systems on the market and I suggest you take a close look at as many as possible on the internet to get an idea of what is available, what these systems offer and how they might fit into your work requirements. May I suggest you include the AGR.com - Ultrasonic Technologies section in your research and contact me directly if you have any specific questions. Good luck.

09:13 Jul-14-2010

Carl Hamer

Sales, - Technical Sales Manager ,
Innospection Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Jul 2010

Hi Ramesh.

A rapid corrosion scanning technique ( with mapping) that also allows you to go through paint/linnings up to 10mm thick is called SLOFEC (Saturated Low Frequency Eddy Currents) Please look at the Innospection website www.innospection.com for further information and data.

07:29 Jul-23-2010
Santhosh
In Reply to Carl Hamer on 09:13 Jul-14-2010 .

The Lixi Profiler is an excellent tool for corrosion mapping, for painted, bare or even insulated pipes, without the need to remove insulation. For more information please look up www.metalcare.com.

Your Email Address: You will receive an email when a new message of this topic appears

© NDT.net   |Advertise|   |Contact|   |About Us