Belorussian Association on Nondesructive Testing and Technical Diagnostics (BANDT&TD) was established in April 1993.
At the constituent assembly the delegates approved the Statutes of BANDT&TD - independent voluntary public organization, created on the basis of free pooling of engineers, technicians, scientists and individuals involved in development and popularization of NDT and technical diagnostics.
Creation of Association was induced by the necessity, after the dissolution of the USSR, to unite the specialists of Belarus for implement unique technical policy for ensure objectivity and reliability of NDT in all industries and establish conditions for safe use of equipment, industrial and construction projects.
Tasks of BANDT&TD are:
For realize these tasks BANDT&TD is implementing the following trends of activities:
- promotion in improvement of quality, reliability, long life and safety of products, produced and used in Belarus;
- improvement of qualification, education and training of NDT personnel;
- creation of scientific, metrological and practical assistance for scientists, organizations, enterprises, laboratories for realize works on non-destructive testing and technical diagnostics of products and industrial objects;
- protection of professional, labour and social interests of the Association members.
- Promotion in developing modern procedures and devices for NDT, procedures of testing, metrological attestation and testing of NDT equipment by organizing and realizing the development of interstate and national normative documents in NDT, by participating in works on standardization and metrology, on international level including.
- Certification of NDT personnel and professional training in centres functioning on the basis of institutions of higher education, scientific and research institutes, educational organizations and firms:
and establishing special examination centers, for example, in the sector "railway transport".
- Belorussian Polytechnical Academy - UT
- Belorussian State University - UT and MT
- Institute of Applied Physics of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus - PT
- Mogilev Machine-Building Institute - MT
- Belorussian -British Joint Company "LONMI" - VT
- Central Building Laboratory - RT
Every issue of Information Bulletin presents organization-members of BANDT&TD, trends of their activities and production possibilities.
- Development of international contacts and collaboration, search of partners, making of creative links by the way of participating in international and national conferences, symposia, exhibitions, signing of agreements for mutual cooperation with NDT societies.
The Information Bulletin issued by BANDT&TD is a unique periodical magazine in Belarus that accumulates all information on NDT and technical diagnostics. Scientific papers, materials of EFNDT and ICNDT, information from the governing board and board of directors, materials on accreditation of NDT laboratories, information on NDT personnel certification, Register of certified NDT personnel, Register of accredited NDT laboratories, calendar of national and European events, NDT equipment advertising are presented in Bulletin.
For active and wide exchange of scientific and technical ideas BANDT&TD holds scientific conferences, scientific and practical seminars, exhibitions of NDT equipment, courses of lectures on quality management in NDT, meetings of specialists, consultations on the problems of metrology and standardization, on the choice of NDT methods and equipment. The annual scientific and practical conference "NDT in Machine-building" has become traditional. Due attention is paid to the development of cooperation with NDT societies of different countries.
The main dates of 5 years activity of BANDT&TD are:
The general principles of BANDT&TD activities are:
- April 1993 - the constituent assembly of BANDT&TD
- May 1993 - BANDT&TD is admitted in ECNDT
- September 1993 - BANDT&TD is registered by the Ministry of Justice as a republican public union
- 1994 - the infrastructure of the system of NDT personnel certification was created
- May 1994 - the Engineering Centre "CERTICO" was accredited by the German accreditation body TGA as certification body of NDT personnel.
- 1993-1994 - the normative basis for accreditation of laboratories on NDT and technical diagnostics within the system of accreditation of calibration and testing of Belarus was developed
- 1993-1998 the network of training centres for NDT personnel certification was established
- October 1995 - the first International Conference on Computer Methods and Inverse Problems in Nondestructive Testing and Diagnostics had place in Minsk
- March 1996 - "Conception of development of standardization, metrology and certification in NDT" was approved by the resolution of State Committee on standardization, metrology and certification of Belarus (Gosstandart)
- December 1996 - BANDT&TD was admitted in ICNDT
- June 1997 - BANDT&TD has signed the EFNDT Agreement on Multilateral Recognition of NDT Personnel Certification schemes
- August 1997 - Gosstandart of Belarus was admitted in ISO/TC 135 with the assistance of BANDT&TD
- October 1998 - 2nd International Conference on Computer Methods and Inverse Problems in Nondestructive Testing and Diagnostics had place
- November 1999 - Certification body of NDT personnel "Profcertico" reaccredited by TGA till November 2004.
Today BANDT&TD is a central and established authority that assures realization of unique technical policy in all trends of work in NDT.
- exercising its mission to carry out work in compliance with the aims and goals declared by its Statutes
- to be open and accessible organization
- to carry out its responsibility honestly
- to be guided by ethical norms and professional standards in its cooperation with different organizations
- to be aware of priority of generally recognized values and to subordinate its activity to the national interests
- to be aware of the importance, uniqueness and sovereignty of any foundation
- to respect everybody's point of view and his/her right to be heard
- to solve all emerging problems in constructive discussions and compromise
- to declaim unscrupulous competition and show corporate solidarity and mutual support.