where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Ross
David Ross
06:40 Jul-19-2007
NDT Ultrasonic Device Question

I am developing a simple remote switch that will communicate with it's receive through a short (one metre) length of stainless steel. The application cannot use wires or RF energy. In creating a bench-top system to use for characterizing the structure (it has a few joints with metal-metal contact but is otherwise a very clean 2" diameter stainless tube), I'd need to find a device that will generate acoustic pulses in the sub-150 kHz range. I thought of NDT devices for flaw detection in concrete, etc - not sure as I'm unfamiliar with this equipment. Any suggestions on a better approach or sources of equipment that will do this job for me?

Trevor Easton
Engineering
Dofasco Inc, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
07:31 Jul-19-2007
Re: NDT Ultrasonic Device Question
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am developing a simple remote switch that will communicate with it's receive through a short (one metre) length of stainless steel.

What is the remote switch sensing at the end of the stainless tube? A little more information may help us to suggest a means of communication.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window