where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.
Technical Discussions
Chris Boyd
Chris Boyd
00:52 Mar-07-2008
MRI on composites

I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Boyd

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 304

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:53 Mar-07-2008
Re: MRI on composites
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: Thanks in advance,
: Chris Boyd
------------ End Original Message ------------

Chris,
Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.

Godfrey Hands

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
07:05 Mar-07-2008
: : I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: : Thanks in advance,
: : Chris Boyd
: Chris,
: Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
: There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.
: Godfrey Hands

I think QNET, GmbH has One Side Access Magnetic Resonance Method Instrument for attenuating materials. Not specifically for Composites. Check up with them. www.qnet.com.

Simon Amallraja

Chris Boyd
Chris Boyd
03:48 Mar-09-2008
: : : I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: : : Thanks in advance,
: : : Chris Boyd
: : Chris,
: : Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
: : There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.
: : Godfrey Hands
: I think QNET, GmbH has One Side Access Magnetic Resonance Method Instrument for attenuating materials. Not specifically for Composites. Check up with them. www.qnet.com.
: Simon Amallraja

Thanks to Godfrey andSimon for your help. It sounds like relatively new technology and I'm only new to the game myself. I think that they're pulling the plug on it anyway.
Thank you for your help again.
Chris.

David Forsyth
R & D
TRI/Austin, USA, Joined Nov 2001, 41

David Forsyth

R & D
TRI/Austin,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
09:36 Mar-11-2008
A few years ago, the University of New Brunswick (Canada) did some work using real MRI equipment on composite aircraft structure, go the this URL
http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/science/physics/mri/

And scroll down to year 2005. I do not know if this is still being funded.

Dave.

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window