where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Massimo Schinelli
Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting, Italy, Joined Jan 2001, 8

Massimo Schinelli

Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting,
Italy,
Joined Jan 2001
02:05 May-04-2001
Roots detection in soil

I am looking for a reliable method to estimate the average depth of penetration of some trees' roots in the soil. This is to evaluate the potential use of some trees species to stabilise shallow landslides. Has anyone experience on this subject?
Thanks in advance,

Massimo Schinelli

Gary Woodside
Gary Woodside
04:01 May-04-2001
Re: Roots detection in soil
Both cameras and borescopes have been used in the past to study root propagation. I believe the info you require is already available from one of the agricultural universities. In the past they have inserted perspex tube into the soil and watched the roots grow.
Regards
Gary
: I am looking for a reliable method to estimate the average depth of penetration of some trees' roots in the soil. This is to evaluate the potential use of some trees species to stabilise shallow landslides. Has anyone experience on this subject?
: Thanks in advance,
: Massimo Schinelli

Massimo Schinelli
Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting, Italy, Joined Jan 2001, 8

Massimo Schinelli

Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting,
Italy,
Joined Jan 2001
08:45 May-04-2001
Re: Roots detection in soil
What I was thinking about was a geophysical method such as georadar, which could allow to inspect reasonably high volumes of soil/rock. According to my opinion visual inspections with cameras and boroscopes would imply rather punctual and very localised inspections.

Regards,

Massimo Schinelli

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window