where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Asif
NDT Inspector, -
Pakistan, Joined Jul 2008, 7

Asif

NDT Inspector, -
Pakistan,
Joined Jul 2008
09:36 May-29-2009
Difference between in PCN and ASNT

Respected Experts,
About PCN

1. Is it correct that PCN Is the BINDT NDT Personal certification scheme?
2. The BINDT is an accredited certification body?
3. The BINDT is standard development body of the UK in the Field of NDT?
4. Any certification bodies provide training in which they offer certification?
5. The PCN is based on ISO 9712 and En 473?

About ASNT
6. Is it correct that ASNT Is the American society for NDT and there certification scheme for Personal certification is “ ASNT-TC-IA , ACCP Level, ?
7. The ASNT is accredited certification body?
8. The ASNT is standard development body of the USA in the Field of NDT?
9. Any certification bodies provide training in which they offer certification?
10. The ASNT is based on ISO 9712?

Pleas discus above and mention the Difference between in PCN and ASNT and also the effeteness of the both ?

ASIF ALI

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
13:34 May-29-2009
Re: Difference between in PCN and ASNT
In Reply to Asif at 09:36 May-29-2009 (Opening).

Asif

if you look back through the Forum archive sthere has been previous extensive discussions around this topic which may answer many of your questions. In essence your summary is correct. The essential differences tend to be that Europe has leant towards a preferred central certified approach led by a regulatory overview. the original ASNT SNT-TC-1a was an employer based certification that could be managed and controlled within a single entity quality controlled environment. The ASNT ACCP mirrors the central certification approach such as PCN but possibly at presnet does not cover as many NDE disciplines.

How effective are both? Will come down to a matter of opinion - good people will perform well regardless of the certification scheme. A great certification scheme does not make bad technicians good. Also remember all of the certifications are generally a minimum demonstration of competence and does not automatically mean that a certified person has the knowledge and experience to be effective in all applications within his certified discipline.

Atif
Engineering
MRF, Pakistan, Joined Jan 2009, 14

Atif

Engineering
MRF,
Pakistan,
Joined Jan 2009
05:56 Jun-11-2009
Re: Difference between in PCN and ASNT
In Reply to John O'Brien at 13:34 May-29-2009 .

ASNT has two types of certifications. ASNT NDT Level III and ACCP Level II & III. ACCP is based upon ISO 9712 but in my point of view, it is not effective as centralized certification is not accepable by many organizations. I myself being level III of a company do not accept any centerlized certification as I want my company procedures should be understood by my level II and Level I and they should able to perform the job on those specific parts, which my company is servicing or manufacturing. As far as ASNT NDT level III is concerned that is ok and accepted. Also ACCP certification is also accepted but in both cases, Specific and Practicals are required to be taken by NDT personnel to work for my company, so its hardly make any difference that you are ASNT or ACCP certified. As in both the cases most of the comapnies required NDT personnel to pass their specific and practical exams. In my view, ASNT certification and ASNT CEU certificates alongwith requsite experience is sufficient evidence for NDT personnel background and can be accepted as certfied level in company provided he passed their specific and practical exams

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window