where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
André Ribeiro
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

André Ribeiro

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
04:35 Jul-10-2010
Sitescan 140 jammed.

So, the guy sended me one used sitescan 140 by mail, when it arrived and I turned it on, the screen is jammed, controls and everything, some screen features appears, but nothing works, it is stuck.

My question is: does anybody knows a way to unjam the damm thing, cause I do not see any reset button on it.

Please help!

ps: skype: garapia

Deston Henson
NDT Inspector,
Canada, Joined Nov 2009, 20

Deston Henson

NDT Inspector,
Canada,
Joined Nov 2009
14:00 Jul-10-2010
Re: Sitescan 140 jammed.
In Reply to André Ribeiro at 04:35 Jul-10-2010 (Opening).

Hello Andre,

I don't know this particular model but on a Sitescan 230 with what sounds like the same problem you have do the following:

- 1st, power off the set
- 2nd, power on the set while holding down the 'memory' key
- 3rd, follow the instructions on the screen.

I hope this works for you.

Deston

André
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

André

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
18:58 Jul-10-2010
In Reply to Deston Henson at 14:00 Jul-10-2010 .

Yeah ! That's the way, even before I have read your post I have done the same thing completely randomwise and it worked just fine, the device is a little jammed on it self, but now I know how to unjamm it when it does.

Lucky guess for me, good advice from you. People will now know about it.

Cheers and thanks.

John Bunk
Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 162

John Bunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
21:30 Jul-10-2010
In Reply to Deston Henson at 14:00 Jul-10-2010 .

Many thanks to my new best friend Deston! My old Sitescan 130 did the same thing last night, and your suggestion fixed the problem! I have since checked every function and all is well.

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window