where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
fc gajisan
NDT Inspector, Al Mutawa Samyong NDT Co.
PNRI, Philippines, Joined Apr 2011, 12

fc gajisan

PNRI,
Philippines,
Joined Apr 2011
17:12 Apr-08-2011
pipe wizard

hello all,

im a starter in OLYMPUS PIPE WIZARD, as a matter of fact i am on my 3rd day of training right now. i did GE WELDSTAR before. we have a 24mm T/ 30" dia cal block with 7 fill channels.
i am having troubles with fills 6 and 7 because i am having more overtrace than my actual target.. eg. in fill 6 i set my amplitude in 80%fsh but if look for fill 7's overtrace, i can more than 90% FSH...
why is that ???
anyone pls. ???

thanks.

Sebastien Rigault
Sebastien Rigault
16:55 Apr-09-2011
Re: pipe wizard
In Reply to fc gajisan at 17:12 Apr-08-2011 (Opening).

Hello Frederick,
Your trainer received yesterday all the technical information regarding the setup for that specific cal block.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly by email if you need any kind of assistance with the PipeWIZARD system.
Thank you
Kind Regards,
S. Rigault.

fc gajisan
PNRI, Philippines, Joined Apr 2011, 12

fc gajisan

PNRI,
Philippines,
Joined Apr 2011
20:34 Apr-09-2011
In Reply to Sebastien Rigault at 16:55 Apr-09-2011 .

hello Mr. S. Rigault,

Thank you Sir for your immediately reply, I am looking forward to rest of this training and on our much anticipated first project using OLYMPUS PIPE WIZARD.
Dont worry Sir if anything I will get in touch.
Again thank you.
More Power
Kind regards,
frederick gajisan

FABIAN MUÑOZ
FABIAN MUÑOZ
03:28 Apr-19-2011
In Reply to fc gajisan at 17:12 Apr-08-2011 (Opening).

HELLO WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN THE FILL 7 CALIBRATE THE OVERTRACE 6 RISES ABOVE 40%, if calibrated CHANGING THE ELEMENT TO THE HOME OF FILL OVERTRACE 6 REMAIN AT 20% FILL THE 7 IS IN A 40%, which generates the same error, Olympus recommends changing RODS SCAN THE AREA SO WE CAN HAVE A MAJOR INDEX MAY BE THAT AND WE ARE SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A BETTER RESPONSE CALIBRATION BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ME IS BETTER CONTACT FOR CALIBRATION
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente
¡Nuevo! Haz clic en las palabras que aparecen arriba para ver traducciones alternativas. Descartar
Diccionario

Product Spotlight

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection

M2M Gekko® is a field-proven flaw detector offering PAUT, UT, TOFD and TFM through the streamline
d user interface Capture™. Released in 32:128, 64:64 or 64:128 channel configurations, Gekko combines high- resolution and speed while reducing inspectors’ training time.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

New PHAsis module for longitudinal weld seam inspection

PHAsis® Phased Array manual ultrasonic spot weld inspection device is now ideally suited for test
ing of longitudinally welded seams (e.g. Arplas® seam, short line seams) with a length of 3 to 12 mm.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window