where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
sharon
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

sharon

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
00:57 Mar-04-2002
review of Impact Echo methods

I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
07:45 Mar-07-2002
Re: review of Impact Echo methods
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
------------------

You may try the descriptor search at NDT.net.

Here is the link to 12 search results for descriptor "imapct-echo":
http://www.ndt.net/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=www.ndt.net%2Farticle&config=local&words=CT_impact-echo&method=and&format=long&matchesperpage=20

William Streett
William Streett
05:00 Mar-07-2002
: : I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
: ------------------
There is a book on impact-echo that describes the method in detail and all of its applications. It includes a history of the development of the method. The book is entitled "Impact-Echo: Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry", by M. J. Sansalone and W. B. Streett, Bullbrier Press, 1997. The book can be purchased from the publisher through the web sites http://www.impact-echo.com/Impact-Echo/bullbrie.htm or http://www.bullbrier.com/#Impact-Echo. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a copy of the chapter on the development of the impact-echo method as a Microsoft Word document.

Camilla Colla
Camilla Colla
00:23 Mar-13-2002
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
Additionally to the list provided by Rolf, you will find some more application of the scanning impact-echo method -2D impact-echo- (i.e. the latest developments)by looking at
Colla, C., Krause, M., Maierhofer, Ch., Höhberger, H.-J., H. Sommer, “Combination of NDT techniques for site investigation of non-ballasted railway tracks”, J. Non-destructive testing and evaluation International, 2002, Vol. 35, (2), pp. 95-105.

Colla C., H. Wiggenhauser, Developments in Impact Echo for the investigation of concrete structures, Structural Material Technology: an NDT Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 28 Feb – 3 March 2000, S. Alampalli (ed.), Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, Basel, 2000, pp. 350 - 356.

Colla C., G. Schneider, H. Wiggenhauser, Automated Impact-Echo and method improvement: 2- and 3-D imaging of concrete elements, in Uomoto, T. (ed.); Seiken Symposium No. 26, NDT in Civil Engineering Conf, Tokyo, Japan, 25-27 April 2000, Elsevier 2000, pp. 471-480

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window