where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT bends to the industrialization of high-tech research achievements and specializes in research and development of various X-ray radiation imag ...
Career Discussions
hakeem
Nigeria, Joined Sep 2011, 10

hakeem

Nigeria,
Joined Sep 2011
19:03 Oct-20-2011
Inquiry on where to run good NDT training course

pls i need rcommendations on where to run training on any of/all of RT,UT,ET,PT,MT,VT. I am in Nigeria but would not mind to where i can get the most recommended and recognized technical and hands-on training NDT training in the Africa/USA/UK.

From my web search i found 2 centers in Nigeria and almost all training centers in America are in Houston, Texas, sir, what i need you to help me do is to find out which of these centers have the best package to offer to students where there are facilities and trainers that'll impact a comprehensive knowledge the non destructive testing course to the students.
Sir i mean the training center that is best amongst the rest that will give the student 110% of the required both practically and theoretically as well as exposing the student to real life scenarios to the demonstrate knowledge being acquired asthe classes progresses.

Keith Cain
NDT Inspector, ASNT Level 3
Chimaera Inspection Services, South Africa, Joined Jan 2009, 17

Keith Cain

NDT Inspector, ASNT Level 3
Chimaera Inspection Services,
South Africa,
Joined Jan 2009
19:40 Oct-24-2011
Re: Inquiry on where to run good NDT training course
In Reply to hakeem at 19:03 Oct-20-2011 (Opening).

Hi Hakeem

Have you perhaps enquired at any of the training schools down here in South Africa? We have four schools that I know of. They are in no specific order of preference:

School of Applied Nondestructive Examination - SANDE
African NDT Center - ANDTC
South African Institute of Welding - SAIW
NASA - I am unsure as to their exact title.

Search for their web sites on the net. You will find more detail as to their curriculum, costs etc.

Good luck.

Jon Wallis
NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands, Joined Feb 2010, 626

Jon Wallis

NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands,
Joined Feb 2010
07:43 Oct-25-2011

Hakeem,
I am not going to recommend training centre A or B but give you some things to think about.
Which qualification do you need? - ASNT, EN, ISO etc. In which branch are you going to work? Aircraft, castings, welds etc. What do you want to achieve, just a certificate with a qualification or do you also need practical training/experience? Can you find a company to sponsor you (can be quite expensive).
Something else to consider is language, make sure the training centre you choose has instructors who give the course in a language that they speak well and you understand well.
Good luck

hakeem
Nigeria, Joined Sep 2011, 10

hakeem

Nigeria,
Joined Sep 2011
20:55 Nov-24-2011
In Reply to Jon Wallis at 07:43 Oct-25-2011 .

Jon Wallis,

-Which of the branches have the best income.

-i want a certification with international recognition that can be used to secure employment anywhere.
-i will like to work offshore and on aircrafts.
- i really need also need practical training/experience because this is the only way to have full knowledge in the field so as to be able to solve any obstacle and overcome challenges during the course of work.
- i would love to run the course as being part of a class.
- i understand English Language perfectly.

I have since also continued to make enquiries, i'm looking at (a)ocean corporation(too expensive except i get a sponsor)
(b)ndt training and testing center
(c)techcorr
(d)TCR engineering
(e)Trinity
(f)TWI
(g)SGS
and any good recommendation i get that can guaranty on-the-job training.

But do you think of Keith Cain choice of South African NDT institutes, they are even closer to my country Nigeria. Do you think i can get very good training in any of the South African Institutes.

Please Jon, can i have your email address, mine is hakemadejo@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Expecting your response.

Jon Wallis
NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands, Joined Feb 2010, 626

Jon Wallis

NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands,
Joined Feb 2010
08:01 Nov-25-2011
In Reply to hakeem at 20:55 Nov-24-2011 .

Your knowledge of the different training institutions around the world is better than mine. I really cannot recommend one particular institute to you, I do not know Mr Cain so I have no opinion on his organisation. Your choice of qualification will depend on the requirements of your future employer, if you work in Nigeria I suppose (but do not know for sure) that ASNT would be uppermost. In the aircraft industry the usual qualification is ISO4179.
I'm sorry I cannot help you any further but good luck.
You already have my e-mail address but I would prefer to correspond via this forum.

michael
michael
02:30 Jan-06-2015

Please I need a contact number of a go center were I can take all the programs on NDT I reside in nigeria

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window