where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger NDT GmbH
Technical Discussions
K.P.SARVAN
India, Joined Sep 2011, 14

K.P.SARVAN

India,
Joined Sep 2011
10:08 Mar-30-2012
AUT For Clad Pipe

Could any one please explain about..,
Automated Ultrasonic testing on clad Steel pipe( 3 layers) welding joints.
I am waiting for your Advice.

Regards,
K.P.Sarvanan..,

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1286

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
11:51 Mar-30-2012
Re: AUT For Clad Pipe
In Reply to K.P.SARVAN at 10:08 Mar-30-2012 (Opening).

Mr. Sarvanan, you provide very little information on a topic that is filled with variables.
I can suggest that such a project will probably require a reasonable amount of effort to evaluate feasibility. It may possible to develop a solution; or you may find that, for your particular set of parameters, there is no useful option (yet).
You could do a search on NDT.net to find others working on similar tasks. I located 3 but there are many others
http://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt2010/reports/1_03_08.pdf
http://www.ndt.net/article/ndtp2011/papers/21_Schubert.pdf
http://www.ndt.net/article/wcndt2008/papers/254.pdf

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
13:47 Mar-30-2012
In Reply to K.P.SARVAN at 10:08 Mar-30-2012 (Opening).

You need to be specific. I suspect you are talking about data on the AUT of Girsth welds joining clad pipe as oppossed to actual manufacturing inspection of the clad pipe itself.

DNV OS-FS-101 starts to discuss this and there are many articles around on the topic. It depends whats the weld is made up of as to how the ultrasonic solution will need to be developed.

K.P.SARVAN

K.P.SARVAN

India,
Joined Sep 2011
17:57 Mar-31-2012
In Reply to John O'Brien at 13:47 Mar-30-2012 .

John Sir..,Thank you Very much For your Advice.
I got some ideas with your attached files.
If you don't mind,Can i send more related details about the clad Pipe-AUT ? through your mail ID.

Regards,
K.P.Sarvan..,

K.P.SARVAN

K.P.SARVAN

India,
Joined Sep 2011
07:17 Apr-05-2012
In Reply to Ed Ginzel at 11:51 Mar-30-2012 .

Dear Sir..,
Materials details:
Carbon steel with iconel welding.
GTAW process.
14.2 mm wall thickness 3 mm clad including thickness
Bevel angle 22.5 deg. U type narrow gap.
Root face - 1.5mm
Root gap - 0.5mm
Radius - 2mm
Land gap - 3mm
Please advice me how to make the AUT Technic sheet.
Waiting for your reply.
Regards,
K.P.Sarvan..,

K.P.SARVAN
NDT Inspector, AUT / PAUT / TOFD
UTQ / IXAR, India, Joined Sep 2011, 15

K.P.SARVAN

NDT Inspector, AUT / PAUT / TOFD
UTQ / IXAR,
India,
Joined Sep 2011
07:26 Apr-05-2012
In Reply to K.P.SARVAN at 07:17 Apr-05-2012 .

Dear Sir..,

Also i Hope and believe that i can make a good inspection Technic for Clad pipe with your advice.
So please give me your support and information regarding this.

Regards,
K.P.Sarvan..,

K.P.SARVAN

K.P.SARVAN

India,
Joined Sep 2011
07:45 Apr-05-2012
In Reply to Ed Ginzel at 11:51 Mar-30-2012 .

Dear Sir..,

Also please advice..,
Is it possible for Clad pipe inspection using Tofd?

Regards,
K.P.Sarvan..,

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window