where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Steve
NDT Inspector,
Sandvik, Canada, Joined Aug 2012, 1

Steve

NDT Inspector,
Sandvik,
Canada,
Joined Aug 2012
17:01 Aug-22-2012
CGSB Certs Equivalent to UK Certs?

My wife and I are looking to immigrate to the UK (she is a UK citizen) and I have RT level 2 and ET level 1. Are my CGSB certifications recognized in the UK?

Thanks

David Hermanutz
Consultant,
Hbndt.com, China, Joined Jul 2012, 85

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
04:37 Aug-25-2012
Re: CGSB Certs Equivalent to UK Certs?
In Reply to Steve at 17:01 Aug-22-2012 (Opening).

Hi,

Although your Canadian certifications are quoted as being in compliance with the European EN473 and ISO 9712 standards, the market in the UK will demand that you re-certify to their domestic certifications. The courses and examinations cost the same as Canada, so be prepared to spend some grocery money on the process. The industry is also pretty dynamic, similar to what is seen in Alberta with employment levels going up and down according to the construction economy. Right now I believe there is an upswing.

"The CGSB Standard and the NRCan certification procedure comply with the requirements of International Standard ISO-9712:2005 and European Standard EN-473:2000" http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/minerals-metals/non-destructive-testing/2969

Depending on your experience and market sector, you may be able to get hired on an assistant level and have your new employer sponsor your re-certifications.

The best UK employment site for service sector NDT I have seen is www.ndtcabin.com

Cheers,

David Hermanutz

hbndt.com

Joe Buckley.
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 520

Joe Buckley.

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:43 Aug-25-2012
Re: CGSB Certs Equivalent to UK Certs?
In Reply to David Hermanutz at 04:37 Aug-25-2012 .

You almost certainly won't need to do the courses to recertify.

Holders of appropriate qualifications can recertify directly.
See

http://www.bindt.org/downloads/PSL49.pdf

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window