where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Leading industrial companies around the world look for defects in their products using Volume Graphics software.
Career Discussions
Brian Williams
Engineering,
South Korea, Joined Nov 2012, 2

Brian Williams

Engineering,
South Korea,
Joined Nov 2012
17:36 Nov-24-2012
Some questions about Welding and NDT

offered by Brian Williams <64room@gmail.com>
Download Virus Scan recommended!

Those questions are welding and NDT methods in Iraq.
But If you have no experience there, you just can give conceptual information.

I am very pleased to meet you all here and I hope you could give many helpful methods to me. Because I don't have enough information about NDT.

Thanks and best regards.
★ My E-mail Address : 64room@gmail.com

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1274

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
23:08 Nov-24-2012
Re: Some questions about Welding and NDT
In Reply to Brian Williams at 17:36 Nov-24-2012 (Opening).

Brian, these do not seem like questions about AUT on a pipeline. If this is your first project I would suggest you contact/contract someone with some experience on assembling the equipment and procedures required. Pricing and estimating time is not something you can do without a good deal more information than in the Excel form posted. AUT is complex and demanding so a lot of details will be involved...regardless of the country that the work is being carried out in.

Brian Williams
Engineering,
South Korea, Joined Nov 2012, 2

Brian Williams

Engineering,
South Korea,
Joined Nov 2012
04:17 Nov-25-2012
In Reply to Ed Ginzel at 23:08 Nov-24-2012 .

I contacted some welding companies and also NDT companies in korea which want to work there together.
But They suggested many different ways of welding and NDT.

For example,
1. "A" NDT company said the NDT(PAUT) cost for the project will cost over than 5,000,000 USD.
I think that cost is really expensive. because especially there will not need many workers on it.
and We contracted with a company by giving 1,400,000USD on the domestic gas pipeline project(30" : 63km)
Even though it is half long project, It is 30" and How can they want 4 times cost?

2. "B" welding company said If they carry out by auto welding, they need 100 workers.
I think that the number of workers on Auto welding are too many.

That is why I posted it.

Thanks for the answer, EdGinzel.

Jon Wallis
NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands, Joined Feb 2010, 626

Jon Wallis

NDT Inspector, -
Netherlands,
Joined Feb 2010
09:28 Nov-25-2012
In Reply to Brian Williams at 04:17 Nov-25-2012 .

It seems that you are looking for advice on finding a contractor to carry out welding and ndt on this pipeline. This site is not really the right platform for you however, I can suggest the following.
You need to go about this in a more strucured way than it seems you are doing now. You'll need to gather all the relevant information about the project, present it in a bid question form - far more detailed then the excel sheet you showed us and it must be written in a way that it can be clearly understood what is required. You need to conduct a market survey of all companies that fall within your equirements. After a shortlist has been drawn up you mav need to carry out audits of the selected companies... This is a very crude outline of some of the steps that will have to be taken so that you don't get fleeced or throw money away.
Fools go where angels fear to tread!

JM
JM
13:02 Nov-27-2012
In Reply to Brian Williams at 17:36 Nov-24-2012 (Opening).

Brian, I will try to help you on this issue, I have known some contractors who are currently working in Iraq, if your project location is in Basra then I can give you reliable company who can assist you,mail me at jmdoha@gmail.com

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window