where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 616

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
10:56 Mar-28-2013
Forum Job Offer Fraud under the name of SGS Nigeria?

It seems that we received fraudulent job offers under the name of SGS Nigeria.

I removed the following post:

at 10:28 Mar-06-2013
Amadi Igochukwu, igochukwuamadi@yahoo.com> (SGS)
LRUT Level 2 Operator needed

(he had a profile in MyNDT that I removed)

Furthermore I am still seeking for evidence if posts of George Mclean (george.mclean@sgs.com) are correct.

Amadi Igochukwu
Amadi Igochukwu
13:01 Mar-28-2013
Re: Forum Job Offer Fraud under the name of SGS Nigeria?
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 10:56 Mar-28-2013 (Opening).

This is not a fraud, it is real. I made a job offer with my personal email id which i used for my registeration on this forum.

Thanks,
Amadi Igochukwu
Inspection Engineer
SGS Inpections Nigeria

Rolf
Director,

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
13:27 Mar-28-2013
In Reply to Amadi Igochukwu at 13:01 Mar-28-2013 .

It is a problem if I do not receive an answer when I ask for a verification of a post. Also from george.mclean@sgs.com i received no reply on three emails. I think we should not allow anymore job offers by using anonymous email accounts.

Amadi Igochukwu
Amadi Igochukwu
13:54 Mar-28-2013
In Reply to Rolf at 13:27 Mar-28-2013 .

Rolf,
Most times i am on the field performing some job for my company and with limited acces to my emails. I think there should be a specified time frame for verification of post. I have gotten lots of call asking me about the so called "fraudulent job offer under the name of SGS".

Thanks,
Amadi Igochukwu
Inspection Engineer
SGS Inpections Nigeria

Rolf Diederichs
Director,

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
16:57 Mar-28-2013
In Reply to Amadi Igochukwu at 13:54 Mar-28-2013 .

Amid,

I gave you 4 days to send a verification that shows that you are working with SGS. Since 19. 3. I asked george.maclean@sgs.com three times to confirm that you are working with SGS. The email address george.maclean@sgs.com posted about 30 jobs since 2010. I felt very strange that george.maclean@sgs.com did not answered within 10 days although he is a frequently forum user. Then I phoned to SGS Nigeria but the switchboard was not willing to connect me to somebody, although I pointed out that we have to speak about a legal issue. I cannot make more efforts.
For job offers I will not allow anymore email addresses of anonymous email provider with the exception that the person send another testimonial that verifies the company.

Rolf

Sam Onyechi
Director, NDT Practitioner
Inspection and Tests Nigeria Limited, Nigeria, Joined Jul 2004, 17

Sam Onyechi

Director, NDT Practitioner
Inspection and Tests Nigeria Limited,
Nigeria,
Joined Jul 2004
18:32 Mar-28-2013
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 16:57 Mar-28-2013 .

Hi Rolf, I happen to have a registered contact of the SGS rep for our local NDT Forum and I believe he should be in a position to verify issues for you. Pls see his details hereunder and reach him for possible resolution of the issue:

Andrew Benjamin
Industrial Division
SGS Inspection Services Nigeria Limited
1 Wogu Street
D/Line
Port Harcourt
Rivers State
Phone: +234 84 465057 – 8
Mobile: +234 806 426 5425
E-mail: Andrew.Benjamin@sgs.com
Web: www.ng.sgs.com

Regards.
SAM

John
John
23:50 Mar-28-2013
In Reply to Sam Onyechi at 18:32 Mar-28-2013 .

It would seem more appropriate to use the words "possible or alleged" prior to the word fraud. We don't all have access to computers all the time. The field work in our line, especially offshore or out of country make that a fact.

Geoff Allen
United Kingdom, Joined May 2011, 1

Geoff Allen

United Kingdom,
Joined May 2011
14:49 Mar-29-2013
In Reply to John at 23:50 Mar-28-2013 .

I have worked with George McLean & Amadi in Nigeria at there SGS office. These people are genuine and this will be a real job offer.

Please feel free to contact be for any further information.

George Mclean
George Mclean
14:46 Aug-20-2013
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 10:56 Mar-28-2013 (Opening).

Hi yes my messages were correct, I have since moved on from SGS to STIS so any coming through from today are legit.

Regards
George

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window