where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Visit us at SINCE 2019
Career Discussions
Priyesh Mehta
Priyesh Mehta
08:42 Jun-06-2013
Confused!!!!!

Dear All,

I have just given my final year exams of B.E Mechanical Engineering from Mumbai University. I want to pursue my career in NDT. I have a lot of doubts and queries regarding the path, some of them are :

1) Should I do Msc In NDT. If yes, from where? UK, Germany or India?

2) Before doing Msc should I first have some practical experience,where can I join in Mumbai for this experience!

3) When should I go about the NDT Level Certification?

I know m a very inquisitive guy, but please HELP!

S V Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S V Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
12:13 Jun-06-2013
Re: Confused!!!!!
In Reply to Priyesh Mehta at 08:42 Jun-06-2013 (Opening).

Dear Priyesh,

As an engineer, you would get a job as a trainee / apprentice in a manufacturing organization / pressure vessel fabrication shop etc. Try to get placed and work for a few years before you think of spending money on Level II / III certification.

If you want to pursue MS in NDT think of joining IIT, Bombay or IIT, Madras in India or go abroad (US, UK, Germany, France....). But before that be clear what you want to do - MS and PhD makes sense only if you want to pursue a career in teaching, R&D etc.

Shop floor NDT does not need more than BE or ME / M.Tech and NDT Certification as Level II and III (at very senior positions).

Best wishes.

Ganesh V
Other, Site Inspection Supervisor
PDO,Oman, India, Joined Jun 2013, 5

Ganesh V

Other, Site Inspection Supervisor
PDO,Oman,
India,
Joined Jun 2013
07:46 Jun-07-2013
Re: Confused!!!!!
In Reply to Priyesh Mehta at 08:42 Jun-06-2013 (Opening).

NIIT Trichy has a M.Tech NDT Course., Selection Process is through the GATE Exam., check their website for more details and deadlines.

It doesnt matter, you gain experience and then Study or First complete the Study and then gain the Experience.

Why because, when you look back after some 5 years, you will have both Knowledge, Qualification and experience. Good Luck.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window