where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
mohsen
NDT Inspector,
arta industry testing, Iran, Joined Jan 2013, 19

mohsen

NDT Inspector,
arta industry testing,
Iran,
Joined Jan 2013
10:51 Jul-24-2013
need a book

Hi
I need to book called "principles of magnetic particle testing" by carl betz. could anyone help me? I want to do the Level III and i think i need this book for MT examination? This is an important refrence of Q,A of MT test..

GOKUL
NDT Inspector,
Hong Kong, China, Joined Jul 2012, 28

GOKUL

NDT Inspector,
Hong Kong, China,
Joined Jul 2012
15:53 Jul-24-2013
Re: need a book
In Reply to mohsen at 10:51 Jul-24-2013 (Opening).

DEAR MOHSEN,
U ARE SEARCHING IN WRONG SITE. MR.ROLF DIRECTOR OF THIS NDT.NET WILL WON'T ALLOW FOR THIS DUE TO COPYRIGHT'S ISSUE. U MAY SEARCH IN GOOGLE NOR BUY A EDITION.
REGARD'S
GOKUL

Rolf
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
16:48 Jul-24-2013
In Reply to GOKUL at 15:53 Jul-24-2013 .

Gokul,

Mohsen's question is not a copyright violation. He may just wanted to get a used copy or a source where to buy or download it legally.

Rolf

albert
Other, ASNT NDT Level III (MT, PT, UT and ET )
Aviation, USA, Joined Jun 2012, 140

albert

Aviation,
USA,
Joined Jun 2012
17:09 Jul-24-2013

Mohsen,

I wouldn't bother reading it!

I went thru that book and the actual ASNT MT handbook, link below, the Betz book was a bit easier to read, but there was small differences in some of the ranges and exact numbers of some details, and lots of extra material that covers things that don't exist anymore.

From a monetary standpoint, id just save the money and get the MT handbook from the ASNT, and forgo the Betz book, but if you must have it, check amazon or ebay.

https://asnt.org/Store/ProductDetail?productKey=f23a5fdf-d8c3-4422-ad94-c97bee0ffff0

Best of luck

John Brunk
Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 160

John Brunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
17:21 Jul-24-2013

This book was written many years ago and I think it was out of print for a long time. I considered it obsolete and never used it as a resource for training. But it has remained in ASNT's "body of knowledge". I notice in the 2013 ASNT catalog it is available again, for $124.00 $US for ASNT members and $165 $US for nonmembers. It is listed as being published by Magnaflux Corporation in 2000. I Do not know if the 2000 edition has been updated. Perhaps you could get more information about it from Magnaflux or one of their dealers. For about the same price you could get Volume 8 of Nondestructive Testing Handbook, 3d edition (2008), on CD-ROM. It is $135 $US for members and $181.25 $US for nonmembers. I am one of several people working on a new edition of ASNT's Magnetic Particle Testing Classroom Training Handbook. The last edition was published in 2004. I expect the new version will be out this fall and cost less than $30 for nonmembers. There is a good deal more training material in several formats from ASNT. www.ASNT.org

Albert
Aviation, USA, Joined Jun 2012, 140

Albert

Aviation,
USA,
Joined Jun 2012
18:24 Jul-24-2013
In Reply to John Brunk at 17:21 Jul-24-2013 .

Glad John brought up the MT class room book, I found it indispensable for clear, concise information about the method, especially for the appearance of MT indications.

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window