where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Sungeun, Joo
R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team, South Korea, Joined Jun 2013, 11

Sungeun, Joo

R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team,
South Korea,
Joined Jun 2013
03:48 Aug-06-2013
Scan plan(PAUT)
zoom image

test parts

zoom image

scan plan

zoom image

Probe 1

zoom image

Probe 2

zoom image

Probe 3 4

Dear.

I tried to make a scan plan for 38t X 45t butt welding Joint. but it's so difficult for me. beacause there is K-bevel with taper.

So I beg your professinal advice.

Scan details are below and attached.

PA Device : OmniScan MX2(with adapter for using 2 probe)
Probe : 5L64A2 or 5L16A1
Test parts : CS(detail is Attached)

And also please check my attached sketchy scan plan.

Thanks a lot.

Ali
NDT Inspector,
Iran, Joined Mar 2013, 118

Ali

NDT Inspector,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2013
06:27 Aug-06-2013
Re: Scan plan(PAUT)
In Reply to Sungeun, Joo at 03:48 Aug-06-2013 (Opening).

Sungeun
K bevel configuration is much difficult to PAUT inspection.To detecting of vertical side wall LOF, you have to apply tandem technique from 38mm side.Its also need to special reference block (flat battom hole).
Easy and fast technique for Inspection of this bevel configuration is ToFD.

Sungeun, Joo
R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team, South Korea, Joined Jun 2013, 11

Sungeun, Joo

R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team,
South Korea,
Joined Jun 2013
12:11 Aug-06-2013
In Reply to Ali at 06:27 Aug-06-2013 .

Dear. Ali

Thanks for your advice.
but I wondering about the scan plan for PAUT, especially scanning from inner place.

anyway, I feel very thanks.

ali yousefi
ali yousefi
09:15 Aug-17-2013
In Reply to Sungeun, Joo at 03:48 Aug-06-2013 (Opening).

dear
i have an experience with this joint type. for non beveled side LOF detecting , only tandem technique is reliable. you should have another scan with 2 probe (Tandem ) from this side for LOF defect.

Product Spotlight

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window