where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Bong Jin Son
Engineering, Inspection, Corrosion, Material
SK Innovation, South Korea, Joined Apr 2008, 8

Bong Jin Son

Engineering, Inspection, Corrosion, Material
SK Innovation,
South Korea,
Joined Apr 2008
04:01 Sep-17-2013
Tank Shell Inspection Method

Recently sulfuric acid tank shell leak occured duet to inside corrosion. This tank was about 20 years old. And no inspecton was done so far. Next year I have plan to inspect whole part of the tank with opening tank.

Main inspection point is shell thickness measurement to see how much corrosion happend on the shell.

Tank size is 23meters diameter and 10 meters height.

Tank shell area is very big, so I think automatic inspection system is required such as crawler.

Can anybody give me some information about this inspection system?
(for examaple, inspection company, manufacturer of the system, comparison of UT or MFL(or other technique) based system, etc.)

andrew cunningham
NDT Inspector
Canada, Joined Jun 2008, 238

andrew cunningham

NDT Inspector
Canada,
Joined Jun 2008
18:14 Sep-17-2013
Re: Tank Shell Inspection Method
In Reply to Bong Jin Son at 04:01 Sep-17-2013 (Opening).

I would advise you to contact Terry Lucas at Silverwing. All seeing and all knowing on tanks and both test methods.

Marco Lancellotti
NDT Inspector,
IST NDT , Italy, Joined Mar 2011, 56

Marco Lancellotti

NDT Inspector,
IST NDT ,
Italy,
Joined Mar 2011
13:21 Sep-19-2013

good morning
I just yesterday I was in control 2 tank of H2SO4 98%!
My company has several robot with magnetic wheels that can rise up to 20 meters in height to perform control UT on a full tank and piping. Please contact me for any discussion of the details.
regards
Marco Lancellotti

Sibin Mathew
Sibin Mathew
07:16 Sep-20-2013

It is better to send an e-mail to info@silverwingme.com for the inspection of shell with high speed AutoUT RMS crawler, Tank Floor with MFL Floormap 3D to discriminate TOP & BOTTOM corrosion & API 653 Visual survey. Also you can visit the website http://www.silverwingndt.com

Contact person
Alan Ashton
aashton@silverwingme.com

Rgds,

Sibin Mathew

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window