where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Bong Jin Son
Engineering, Inspection, Corrosion, Material
SK Innovation, South Korea, Joined Apr 2008, 8

Bong Jin Son

Engineering, Inspection, Corrosion, Material
SK Innovation,
South Korea,
Joined Apr 2008
04:01 Sep-17-2013
Tank Shell Inspection Method

Recently sulfuric acid tank shell leak occured duet to inside corrosion. This tank was about 20 years old. And no inspecton was done so far. Next year I have plan to inspect whole part of the tank with opening tank.

Main inspection point is shell thickness measurement to see how much corrosion happend on the shell.

Tank size is 23meters diameter and 10 meters height.

Tank shell area is very big, so I think automatic inspection system is required such as crawler.

Can anybody give me some information about this inspection system?
(for examaple, inspection company, manufacturer of the system, comparison of UT or MFL(or other technique) based system, etc.)

andrew cunningham
NDT Inspector
Canada, Joined Jun 2008, 238

andrew cunningham

NDT Inspector
Canada,
Joined Jun 2008
18:14 Sep-17-2013
Re: Tank Shell Inspection Method
In Reply to Bong Jin Son at 04:01 Sep-17-2013 (Opening).

I would advise you to contact Terry Lucas at Silverwing. All seeing and all knowing on tanks and both test methods.

Marco Lancellotti
NDT Inspector,
IST NDT , Italy, Joined Mar 2011, 56

Marco Lancellotti

NDT Inspector,
IST NDT ,
Italy,
Joined Mar 2011
13:21 Sep-19-2013

good morning
I just yesterday I was in control 2 tank of H2SO4 98%!
My company has several robot with magnetic wheels that can rise up to 20 meters in height to perform control UT on a full tank and piping. Please contact me for any discussion of the details.
regards
Marco Lancellotti

Sibin Mathew
Sibin Mathew
07:16 Sep-20-2013

It is better to send an e-mail to info@silverwingme.com for the inspection of shell with high speed AutoUT RMS crawler, Tank Floor with MFL Floormap 3D to discriminate TOP & BOTTOM corrosion & API 653 Visual survey. Also you can visit the website http://www.silverwingndt.com

Contact person
Alan Ashton
aashton@silverwingme.com

Rgds,

Sibin Mathew

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window