where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Technical Discussions
Gowrisanthosh Palika
NDT Inspector,
Royscan engineering pte ltd, Singapore, Joined May 2008, 52

Gowrisanthosh Palika

NDT Inspector,
Royscan engineering pte ltd,
Singapore,
Joined May 2008
17:13 Nov-11-2013
Steel round Bar - UT

Hi
I want to do straight beam Ultrasonic testing for steel round bar having dimensions Dia 320mm, length 160mm. Which standard (ASME) I have to follow. Please suggest me. Thank you in Advance.

Rick Lopez
R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center, USA, Joined Jul 2011, 186

Rick Lopez

R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center,
USA,
Joined Jul 2011
18:47 Nov-11-2013
Re: Steel round Bar - UT
In Reply to Gowrisanthosh Palika at 17:13 Nov-11-2013 (Opening).

I am not familiar with ASME code requirements, but two other potential avenues could be AMS-STD-2154 (a direct copy of an old military standard MIL-STD-2154), or its more current replacement ASTM E-2375. Here is another related thread: http://www.ndt.net/forum/thread.php?admin=&forenID=0&msgID=37045&rootID=29975#37045

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 836

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
21:39 Nov-11-2013
In Reply to Rick Lopez at 18:47 Nov-11-2013 .

I believe ASTM A388 or ASTMA 576 could be go help to you.

Gerald R. Reams
Engineering,
Industry, USA, Joined Aug 2012, 180

Gerald R. Reams

Engineering,
Industry,
USA,
Joined Aug 2012
13:24 Nov-12-2013
In Reply to Gowrisanthosh Palika at 17:13 Nov-11-2013 (Opening).

What is the material specification for the round bar you want to examine (i.e., ASTM x-xxx). Examination requirements are usually found within the material specification.

Regards,
Gerald
ASNT NDT Level III

Prashant
Prashant
13:19 Mar-19-2018
In Reply to Gerald R. Reams at 13:24 Nov-12-2013 .

My bar material is ASTM A479.kindly suggest me which specification I have to refer.wgat size of bar can be taken for UT

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window