where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Gowrisanthosh Palika
NDT Inspector,
Royscan engineering pte ltd, Singapore, Joined May 2008, 52

Gowrisanthosh Palika

NDT Inspector,
Royscan engineering pte ltd,
Singapore,
Joined May 2008
17:13 Nov-11-2013
Steel round Bar - UT

Hi
I want to do straight beam Ultrasonic testing for steel round bar having dimensions Dia 320mm, length 160mm. Which standard (ASME) I have to follow. Please suggest me. Thank you in Advance.

Rick Lopez
R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center, USA, Joined Jul 2011, 191

Rick Lopez

R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center,
USA,
Joined Jul 2011
18:47 Nov-11-2013
Re: Steel round Bar - UT
In Reply to Gowrisanthosh Palika at 17:13 Nov-11-2013 (Opening).

I am not familiar with ASME code requirements, but two other potential avenues could be AMS-STD-2154 (a direct copy of an old military standard MIL-STD-2154), or its more current replacement ASTM E-2375. Here is another related thread: http://www.ndt.net/forum/thread.php?admin=&forenID=0&msgID=37045&rootID=29975#37045

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 889

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
21:39 Nov-11-2013
In Reply to Rick Lopez at 18:47 Nov-11-2013 .

I believe ASTM A388 or ASTMA 576 could be go help to you.

Gerald R. Reams
Engineering,
Industry, USA, Joined Aug 2012, 181

Gerald R. Reams

Engineering,
Industry,
USA,
Joined Aug 2012
13:24 Nov-12-2013
In Reply to Gowrisanthosh Palika at 17:13 Nov-11-2013 (Opening).

What is the material specification for the round bar you want to examine (i.e., ASTM x-xxx). Examination requirements are usually found within the material specification.

Regards,
Gerald
ASNT NDT Level III

Prashant
Prashant
13:19 Mar-19-2018
In Reply to Gerald R. Reams at 13:24 Nov-12-2013 .

My bar material is ASTM A479.kindly suggest me which specification I have to refer.wgat size of bar can be taken for UT

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window