where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Julie
Other,
n/a, USA, Joined Dec 2012, 4

Julie

Other,
n/a,
USA,
Joined Dec 2012
13:25 Nov-10-2013
employment

I am having extreme difficulty in finding a job. I have certificates in Radiation Safety and Ultrasonic Testing. Before taking these courses, I consulted with people in the NDT industry. Had I known the difficulty I would be having, I would not have invested in the classes. I need experience to get a job and a job to get experience....I would be grateful for the opportunity to work in the NDT industry in any capacity, I just need to get my foot in the door. Does anyone have any advice on how I can go about doing this? Thanks :)

andrew cunningham
NDT Inspector
Canada, Joined Jun 2008, 238

andrew cunningham

NDT Inspector
Canada,
Joined Jun 2008
19:15 Nov-11-2013
Re: employment
In Reply to Julie at 13:25 Nov-10-2013 (Opening).

This is not a new problem. It was true in the 70’s as it is today. The same question has been asked in this room, so I will advise you to look at, “newcomer how to gain experience to pass practical exams”
All the best and good luck

Julie Anne Bourgeois
Other,
n/a, USA, Joined Dec 2012, 4

Julie Anne Bourgeois

Other,
n/a,
USA,
Joined Dec 2012
23:51 Nov-11-2013
In Reply to andrew cunningham at 19:15 Nov-11-2013 .

Thanks, I appreciate it! A local company is hiring people like me; people that have the classes, but no experience. I was told, in January.....will continue networking...and hope for the best.

Albert
Other, ASNT NDT Level III (MT, PT, UT and ET )
Aviation, USA, Joined Jun 2012, 140

Albert

Other, ASNT NDT Level III (MT, PT, UT and ET )
Aviation,
USA,
Joined Jun 2012
05:02 Nov-12-2013
In Reply to Julie Anne Bourgeois at 23:51 Nov-11-2013 .

Search the internet

Try job websites, aerotek, Ive had a few calls from people I've connected with in Linkedin,

Heres a company with several ndt openings http://www.precast.com/

Heres a few in your state:
https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_searchresults.asp?ref=11112013225719&SID=^cAn6Jm3VGXa7BAvtmNxTyD3gROYJaTu8MJ6HuGLHOUs4OKE9jnZkiQ==

Think casting, forging, oil fields, power generation and aerospace.

Keep at it, apply every where, even if you don't get the job, every interview is great practice.

Above all, remember, you haven't failed till you've given up

Product Spotlight

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window