where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Noare
India, Joined Jan 2014, 1

Noare

India,
Joined Jan 2014
07:38 Jan-23-2014
Ultrasonic life assessment acceptance criteria

I have a bit of a question ,I am associated with a inspection and service company of gas turbines ,for many years we have been conducting UT testing on turbine rotors and using an acceptance criteria based on welds,Is there any acceptance criteria specifically for turbines ,and if the same can be applicable for a life assessment test.

Thanks in Advance

Diego Martínez del Valle
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego Martínez del Valle

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
20:06 Jan-24-2014
Re: Ultrasonic life assessment acceptance criteria
In Reply to Noare at 07:38 Jan-23-2014 (Opening).

Hi Noare.
In my opinion, the acceptance criteria of welds shall not used for a turbine rotor (generally it is forged). I think that criteria should be given by the turbine manufacture and according to forging specified standards ,

anjafo
NDT Inspector
Norway, Joined Aug 2009, 204

anjafo

NDT Inspector
Norway,
Joined Aug 2009
01:32 Jan-25-2014
Re: Ultrasonic life assessment acceptance criteria
In Reply to Diego Martínez del Valle at 20:06 Jan-24-2014 .

acceptance criteria I guess you mean signal breaking DAC. as if your rejecting 5mm LOF then you got an issue.

if you are doing these regularly do as Deigo suggests or get a level III to sign a procedure.

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window