where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Bijay
Bijay
04:28 Mar-19-2014
Calibration block for TOFD

Dear Experts,
Please clarify regarding the calibration block requirement for TOFD.

1) What is the requirement of a calibration block? Should it be of the same material as that of the test material?

2) Is there any equivalent material like base on P nos or group nos?

Relevant ASME clause may please be cited.

Thanks & Regards

Tuong
NDT Inspector, PV EIC NDT
PV EIC NDT, Vietnam, Joined Mar 2014, 19

Tuong

NDT Inspector, PV EIC NDT
PV EIC NDT,
Vietnam,
Joined Mar 2014
05:22 Mar-19-2014
Re: Calibration block for TOFD
In Reply to Bijay at 04:28 Mar-19-2014 (Opening).

Follow ASME V, CC 2235-9, Now, i needs design Qualification block for TOFD with thickness is 9mm, 13mm, 17mm, 55mm . Can you help me.
Thanks

Trong My Nguyen
Director,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd, Vietnam, Joined May 2000, 22

Trong My Nguyen

Director,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd,
Vietnam,
Joined May 2000
05:43 Mar-19-2014
In Reply to Tuong at 05:22 Mar-19-2014 .

Hi Tuong,
We, Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd have had the designs of qualification block for TOFD for the mentioned thicknesses.
Contact me using your corporate email and send your request to mynt@viscondt.com.vn We hope we could help you.
Kind regards,

Nguyen Trong My,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd (VISCO)

carlo
carlo
15:46 Mar-23-2014

Dear all,
I do not understand if you speak about calibration or validation block? In any case you must have same P-no, heat treatment condition, surface condition for both. For other difference please check into asme v art 4 for calibration and appendix ix for validation

Radoslaw
NDT Inspector, Materials Engineer
Poland, Joined Apr 2012, 51

Radoslaw

NDT Inspector, Materials Engineer
Poland,
Joined Apr 2012
18:37 Mar-23-2014

Hi,
Check in ISO 10863. There are contained requirements for TOFD calibration block.

Regards

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window