where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Bijay
Bijay
04:28 Mar-19-2014
Calibration block for TOFD

Dear Experts,
Please clarify regarding the calibration block requirement for TOFD.

1) What is the requirement of a calibration block? Should it be of the same material as that of the test material?

2) Is there any equivalent material like base on P nos or group nos?

Relevant ASME clause may please be cited.

Thanks & Regards

Tuong
NDT Inspector, PV EIC NDT
PV EIC NDT, Vietnam, Joined Mar 2014, 19

Tuong

NDT Inspector, PV EIC NDT
PV EIC NDT,
Vietnam,
Joined Mar 2014
05:22 Mar-19-2014
Re: Calibration block for TOFD
In Reply to Bijay at 04:28 Mar-19-2014 (Opening).

Follow ASME V, CC 2235-9, Now, i needs design Qualification block for TOFD with thickness is 9mm, 13mm, 17mm, 55mm . Can you help me.
Thanks

Trong My Nguyen
Director,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd, Vietnam, Joined May 2000, 22

Trong My Nguyen

Director,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd,
Vietnam,
Joined May 2000
05:43 Mar-19-2014
In Reply to Tuong at 05:22 Mar-19-2014 .

Hi Tuong,
We, Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd have had the designs of qualification block for TOFD for the mentioned thicknesses.
Contact me using your corporate email and send your request to mynt@viscondt.com.vn We hope we could help you.
Kind regards,

Nguyen Trong My,
Vietnam Inspection Solutions Co., Ltd (VISCO)

carlo
carlo
15:46 Mar-23-2014

Dear all,
I do not understand if you speak about calibration or validation block? In any case you must have same P-no, heat treatment condition, surface condition for both. For other difference please check into asme v art 4 for calibration and appendix ix for validation

Radoslaw
NDT Inspector, Materials Engineer
Poland, Joined Apr 2012, 51

Radoslaw

NDT Inspector, Materials Engineer
Poland,
Joined Apr 2012
18:37 Mar-23-2014

Hi,
Check in ISO 10863. There are contained requirements for TOFD calibration block.

Regards

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

GUL Subsea Solutions - Screeening & Monitoring

To inspect new and existing subsea lines, you need proven technology and experience. GUL offers it's
technology to solve this challenge: GUL Subsea and gMAT Transducer Rings.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window