where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.
Technical Discussions
sharif
sharif
11:09 Apr-21-2014
PAUT limitation

dear all
I would like to know that could we use PAUT for thickness measurement and corrosion profile of piping in a plant ? is it proper for it? what is limitation for it? I know that PAUT is proper for flaw detection but my client request for use it for thickness measurement!!!!!

Fabian Muñoz
Engineering, Integrity and NDT of Equipment Static
TP Group S.A, Colombia, Joined Apr 2011, 6

Fabian Muñoz

Engineering, Integrity and NDT of Equipment Static
TP Group S.A,
Colombia,
Joined Apr 2011
21:31 Apr-21-2014
Re: PAUT limitation
In Reply to sharif at 11:09 Apr-21-2014 (Opening).

Hi Sharif if you want corrosion inspection in plant the perfect tool is the PAUT and the difference into flaw detection and corrotion is the accessories of the equipment PAUT, if you want you can write me to my Email for more specific help also if you need the service, we can help in the provision this service.

Ing. Fabian Muñoz
Phone Number: 057-3208117808 Colombia
fmunoz@tpgroupsa.com
www.tpgroupsa.com

Shadow Zuo
Sales,
Guangzhou Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd. , China, Joined Nov 2012, 4

Shadow Zuo

Sales,
Guangzhou Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd. ,
China,
Joined Nov 2012
03:37 Apr-22-2014
In Reply to sharif at 11:09 Apr-21-2014 (Opening).

I think you might looking for PAUT application like below video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uglmcuna7ozcn0z/Olympus-Curved%20Array%20for%20Corrosion.MOV

Actually, we are also building something like this for corrosion & thickness measurement by using PAUT.

sharif
sharif
08:28 Apr-22-2014
In Reply to Shadow Zuo at 03:37 Apr-22-2014 .

we need to thickness measurement of elbow, tee, reducer in piping size from 1" to 12" , is it possible by PAUT?

Shadow Zuo
Sales,
Guangzhou Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd. , China, Joined Nov 2012, 4

Shadow Zuo

Sales,
Guangzhou Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd. ,
China,
Joined Nov 2012
03:25 Apr-23-2014
In Reply to sharif at 08:28 Apr-22-2014 .

I think that would be tough by using PAUT.
But using relevant compatible curvature wedge to the reducer might work on reducer.

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window