where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
sharif
sharif
11:09 Apr-21-2014
PAUT limitation

dear all
I would like to know that could we use PAUT for thickness measurement and corrosion profile of piping in a plant ? is it proper for it? what is limitation for it? I know that PAUT is proper for flaw detection but my client request for use it for thickness measurement!!!!!

Fabian Muñoz
Fabian Muñoz
21:31 Apr-21-2014
Re: PAUT limitation
In Reply to sharif at 11:09 Apr-21-2014 (Opening).

Hi Sharif if you want corrosion inspection in plant the perfect tool is the PAUT and the difference into flaw detection and corrotion is the accessories of the equipment PAUT, if you want you can write me to my Email for more specific help also if you need the service, we can help in the provision this service.

Ing. Fabian Muñoz
Phone Number: 057-3208117808 Colombia
fmunoz@tpgroupsa.com
www.tpgroupsa.com

Shadow Zuo
Shadow Zuo
03:37 Apr-22-2014
In Reply to sharif at 11:09 Apr-21-2014 (Opening).

I think you might looking for PAUT application like below video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uglmcuna7ozcn0z/Olympus-Curved%20Array%20for%20Corrosion.MOV

Actually, we are also building something like this for corrosion & thickness measurement by using PAUT.

sharif
sharif
08:28 Apr-22-2014
In Reply to Shadow Zuo at 03:37 Apr-22-2014 .

we need to thickness measurement of elbow, tee, reducer in piping size from 1" to 12" , is it possible by PAUT?

Shadow Zuo
Shadow Zuo
03:25 Apr-23-2014
In Reply to sharif at 08:28 Apr-22-2014 .

I think that would be tough by using PAUT.
But using relevant compatible curvature wedge to the reducer might work on reducer.

Product Spotlight

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window