where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Jason
USA, Joined May 2014, 1

Jason

USA,
Joined May 2014
08:32 May-08-2014
NDT UE Level III

I've been thinking about attending the ASNT refresher basic and UE level 3 courses, in preparation of taking the tests.

I've worked in Immersion UE for 4 years. I've done a little contact work but mostly just immersion. I've been teaching UE level II classes for a year and have more knowledge then the average level 2 when it comes to theory.

I have *some* knowledge on AE (both my bosses have PHDs and are at the forefront of the field in AE, so I certainly have resources for it) but I have no experience in any other NDT method.

I'm intelligent and driven, and am curious if taking the refresher courses and studying the materials thoroughly would properly prepare me for the tests without any real world experience in the other methods?

Brian Frye
USA, Joined Mar 2013, 11

Brian Frye

USA,
Joined Mar 2013
19:17 May-14-2014
Re: NDT UE Level III
In Reply to Jason at 08:32 May-08-2014 (Opening).

The Basic exam is very general on most methods. If you take the refresher and learn the material you will pass.

The UT level III refresher will also prepare you for the exam. You may not score 100% but the math is the hardest part and the refresher will prepare you. Immersion is also a difficult part for most people so you have a leg up.

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window