where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
pierre MARTY
R & D
Saab Aeronautic, Sweden, Joined Jul 2002, 5

pierre MARTY

R & D
Saab Aeronautic,
Sweden,
Joined Jul 2002
02:12 Apr-24-2003
Special coating for impact detection on composites

HI all

I recently heard about a product in which I would be interested if I had more information about it. This product is a (transparent ?) coating that can be sprayed on a composite structure. If the structure is impacted, the coating would keep 'memory' of the impact and would reveal it under fringing or UV light.
This is of course a very interesting product for localisation of sub surface small imact damages on composites.

That's all i know about it, plus that it is already an operational product and is, from what i heard, used by ARDE. But I do not know anything about its name, the company that produces it, etc.
Does anybody here know more about such product ?

Thanks in advance

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
02:50 Apr-24-2003
Re: Special coating for impact detection on composites
Hi Pierre,

Maybe a good start would be to check out SPIE at:
www.spie.org

This organization deals a lot with imaging, coatings etc.

Another might be the Brinell Centre in Stockholm.

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Customized Probes and Transducers

With a strong development department and our own piezocomposite production, we accompany you from th
e first product idea to serial production. Our scientists are continuously researching new methods in the field of ultrasonic measurement technology. The progress achieved enables us to offer you optimal solutions.
>

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window