where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Technical Discussions
Igor
NDT Inspector,
Brazil, Joined Jul 2014, 2

Igor

NDT Inspector,
Brazil,
Joined Jul 2014
21:38 Jul-12-2014
2 machines UT in 2 years with problems.

In late 2011 invested R $ 33,000 thousand dollars in Ultrasonic Testing of a well-recognized brand in the market, with all heads and cables, 1 year warranty.
Five months after the unit had software problem and referred her to their representative in Brazil. The technician found that there would be a problem in the memory card and the same should be replaced. I did not agree with the reports and did not accept the return because the problem was clearly the software. Weeks after the device was returned by disconnecting alone, for there was a loose board, reenviei to Belo Horizonte-MG, is settled the company. When he finally returned, the unit returned to the same memory problem, which again was sent to maintenance and return a few days later, the same problem.
I contacted an engineer brand in England and even sent me the updated version of the system and the problem was solved. Was less than 15 days to beat the security and safety I decided to return the device and invest in another brand, Krautkramer or Olympus.
However, I was convinced by the Authorized staff in Brazil to stay on brand, with the following proposal. Exchange my phone for the newest version of the same, with one year warranty. Who is ultrasound knows what it's like without the aid, and the proposal was interesting at the time because he had already lost many daily problems with the device.
I replaced the appliances and worked with the new for 1 year. The problems presented in the previous unit appeared, but the device itself is high corrected. After 3 months of warranty of the device at the beginning of the activities, the device showed the low battery message, thought the device would have called in the backpack and so discharged. The loaded and the message does not disappear and the unit is turned off preventing my work, but to turn it on in order to connect it to the pc it remained connected normally.
Again start the novel, but now unsecured. When sending to its technical assistance found a problem on the analog board, with the value of R $ 7.516 over the time of the technician would be $ 275, and spend three hours of their value would be 825 reais, or U.S. $ 8.341 reais on a machine with 1 year of use! Questioned that the problem would be the software because the device does not stay connected mode only for inspection, asked for help to reinstall the software, but without success. The sent to two companies that maintenance of ultrasound which was not observed any problem with hardware, but with software equipment. And the only software to work with your representative in Brazil.
What I find absurd is the lack of commitment to the customer and the brand. They find that investing 22,000 in a machine and it has problems after 1 year is normal, that 8000 to repair're cheap? If you had five years of use, or fall, or any other situation I would pay with the greatest satisfaction. I saw another brand device has problems in this period, even have 3 friends who work with USm-Go and never showed anything, it is this direct competitor.
Today, appliances ultrasound companies have competitors, with the advancement of Chinese brands such as Mitech selling devices with 2 year warranty for a much more affordable price. Even co-workers have Mitech since 2010 and the unit showed no problems until today. And if you present your repair is very cheap, never reaching the absurdity of more than one third of the value of the product, which incidentally, 8000 is the price of a used Mitech. Remember that the Representative in Brazil reached the absurdity of saying that the problem was caused by misuse, as they had already made this accusation in the first case. Several of my colleagues have scarifier is like mine, complain of problems ranging from touch screen to problems in software on the device, but the authorized insists he never knew the problem, that my case is atypical. For those in their propaganda fills her mouth to speak of robustness and security for investment, and that says to be among the top in the market and is leaving much to be desired.
Summary of the story: In two years and a half I use 2 devices with the same model and same brand, used the service 5 times in this period, and by the end, three months after the end of the guarantee of the 2nd unit, he presented problems software again. Today it is unusable, decorating my room, and I had to shell out more money to buy another appliance, used, but not abandon me.
Do not put the brand name and model of the device, who want to please get in touch by email. igordantass@hotmail.com

Tomas Perez A.
Panama, Joined Aug 2012, 4

Tomas Perez A.

Panama,
Joined Aug 2012
13:54 Jul-14-2014
Re: 2 machines UT in 2 years with problems.
In Reply to Igor at 21:38 Jul-12-2014 (Opening).

I've a Panametrics & Olympus UT equipents, transducers and cables.................best of the best. I had excelent experience with them.

regards.

Igor Barbosa
NDT Inspector,
Brazil, Joined Jul 2014, 2

Igor Barbosa

NDT Inspector,
Brazil,
Joined Jul 2014
23:41 Jul-27-2014
Re: 2 machines UT in 2 years with problems.
In Reply to Tomas Perez A. at 13:54 Jul-14-2014 .

In less than two weeks after publishing the problem happened to me, a company official contacted in a few hours and was willing to solve the problem. Gave me full attention and we are moving towards a solution. I thank the NDT Forum and so the problem is solved I will communicate them.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window