where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
John Cooper
NDT Inspector,
USA, Joined Feb 2015, 4

John Cooper

NDT Inspector,
USA,
Joined Feb 2015
06:22 May-28-2015
How do I prove my level of certification from the Air Force?

Hello

I am very interested in getting back into the field of NDI (NDT). I have my DD-214 and certificate of NDI training from the Air Force. Is this all the info I need? In addition I believe I was a level 3 inspector. How would I prove my level of certification.

Thank you in advanced for taking the time and answering my post.

Gratefully.

John

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 850

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
01:03 May-29-2015
Re: How do I prove my level of certification from the Air Force?
In Reply to John Cooper at 06:22 May-28-2015 (Opening).

John, the best way to go is to contact your local ASNT branch.

Mick
NDT Inspector,
USA, Joined Mar 2012, 14

Mick

NDT Inspector,
USA,
Joined Mar 2012
17:55 May-29-2015
In Reply to John Cooper at 06:22 May-28-2015 (Opening).

Hi John,
I spent 20 years in the Air Force and taught at the NDI Basic and Advanced Tech Training Center back when it was at Chanute. I was able to prove my 40 hr safety for RT but that's about it. I took tests through ASNT to get my level II's and III's and my employer tested me as well. It also depends on how long you have been out of the field, whether your planning on inspecting aircraft or steel fabrication/ erection and what your employer's written practice says. I considered myself a level III when I got out too, but unless there is an ASNT in front of it no one else is going to pay much attention to it. Good Luck

John Cooper
NDT Inspector,
USA, Joined Feb 2015, 4

John Cooper

NDT Inspector,
USA,
Joined Feb 2015
07:03 Jun-02-2015
In Reply to Mick at 17:55 May-29-2015 .

I am very surprised that you were unable to transfer your experiance from the military into the civilian field. When I was in the reserves I working for a contracting company inspecting the inner structure of the gas tanks of the c-141, though I did not have a ASNT certification.

Is there nothing that we could have done when we transitioned from the military to civilian that a perspective contracting organization would consider as proof of one's proficiency in the field?

I have my DD-214 and my NDI certification which does list my hours (from Chanute AFB).

None the less I would need a refresher course to get back into the the field.

Could you advise me as to any organization that teaches a refresher course so that I can prep of the ASNT certification?

It has been 20 years since I have worked as a technician. I was at Chanute training in 1990, were you teaching during that time?

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window