where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
tj arcamo
Other, Piping Inspector
Arak Supply company for Oil and Gas Companies, Philippines, Joined Oct 2015, 4

tj arcamo

Other, Piping Inspector
Arak Supply company for Oil and Gas Companies,
Philippines,
Joined Oct 2015
10:17 Oct-15-2015
Advice on taking NDT courses, CSWIP, or API 570 certifications

Greetings everyone!!!

I am a piping inspector working in the middle east for 5 years and I am looking forward to expand my knowledge by taking courses/certification for NDT,CSWIP,or API 570.

Most of my job assignments were for newly constructed facilities or expansion of Refineries, Steel Plant and booster gas stations.

My questions are:
1.If I were to take NDT courses, which specific field would be worth the investment and in demand?
2. As I understand CSWIP 3.1 requires full understanding of welding theory and Inspection, I believe I have a basic idea of what its all about but I want to start at the beginning so which welding course will I take?Also, is CSWIP 3.0 better to take first prior to CSWIP 3.1?
3. To API 570 certified experts who are members of the forum, since most of my experiences were newly constructed piping installations, will API allow me to take the API 570 exams?

Comments and suggestions are welcome and I appreciate any advice that you can give me.

Sincerely,
Tj

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window