where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
K Vinod
India, Joined Dec 2015, 2

K Vinod

India,
Joined Dec 2015
04:19 Dec-15-2015
Career Advice

Respected Sir,
I am a B.Tech Mechanical Engineer with ASNT SNT TC 1A Level II. I am currently working as a QA/QC NDT Engineer for Oil & Gas Pipe manufacturing company. I have a decent knowledge in related specifications.
I have few queries:
1. Should I do ASNT Level III or PCN ? If PCN should I stick to the basic methods or move on to advanced ones ?
2. What are NDT requirements for Aerospace Industry ?
3. How much experience do I need to try for TPIA or Foreign ? I in this field since the beginning of the year.

Looking forward for your reply
Thank you

Vijayaraghavan
Teacher, Consultant
Dhaanish Ahmed College of Engineering, India, Joined Feb 2011, 21

Vijayaraghavan

Teacher, Consultant
Dhaanish Ahmed College of Engineering,
India,
Joined Feb 2011
12:58 Dec-15-2015
Re: Career Advice
In Reply to K Vinod at 04:19 Dec-15-2015 (Opening).

Dear Vinoth,
In my opinion it is always go for higher qualification like level III or PCN. In gulf countries they look for these qualifications for higher positions.
In gulf region (Oman, UAE, Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait etc.) they look for minimum of 5 years of experience in the related industry.
Best wishes for your future.

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window