where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Steven Doc
Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy, Egypt, Joined Feb 2011, 187

Steven Doc

Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy,
Egypt,
Joined Feb 2011
10:55 Feb-29-2016
ASME Section I - Use of PAUT on less than 13mm wt?

Hello forum,
Has any of our members / contributors had success is applying PAUT on ASME I scope of works for thicknesses less than 13mm?
My understanding of CC2235 is that it allowed for PAUT to be utlised on thicknesses greater than 13mm. This was then incorporated into the Code. Has there been any ratification for thicknesses below?

What are the experiences and limitations observed when using, for example, the COBRA system with the OMNISCAN MX2? Is it effective for replacement of RT on wall thicknesses below 13mm?

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
13:01 Feb-29-2016
Re: ASME Section I - Use of PAUT on less than 13mm wt?
In Reply to Steven Doc at 10:55 Feb-29-2016 (Opening).

Hi Steven.
In ASME 1 / Edi. 2013. The use of any UT technique in lieu of RT is not permitted for thickness > 13 mm.

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
17:57 Feb-29-2016
In Reply to Diego at 13:01 Feb-29-2016 .

In my previous post there is a misprint.
Where is indicated > 13 mm, it is meant < 13 mm.
My apologies

stan
NDT Inspector,
Canada, Joined Jan 2009, 31

stan

NDT Inspector,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2009
19:08 Feb-29-2016
Steven:
Are you talking about using PAUT on boiler tubes?

Steven Doc
Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy, Egypt, Joined Feb 2011, 187

Steven Doc

Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy,
Egypt,
Joined Feb 2011
13:57 Mar-01-2016
In Reply to stan at 19:08 Feb-29-2016 .

Stan,
Not in particular, no. I was discussing, in general.
Diego has answered my question. I am now looking, based on Figure 100.1.2(B), at how much of the Erection work on our 24 Boilers will be effected by this. My guess is very little, if any, but will know definitively very soon.

Thanks all.

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window