where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Career Discussions
Daniel Oneill
NDT Inspector,
Construction, Oil and Gas, Australia, Joined Mar 2016, 1

Daniel Oneill

NDT Inspector,
Construction, Oil and Gas,
Australia,
Joined Mar 2016
05:22 Mar-10-2016
Aicip vs Api 510

Hi,

Iv been thinking about doing my Aicip for a while now and was about to book the course when someone told me i would be better off doing Api 510 so you can work overseas as well. Which appealed to me as there is apparently a lot of work coming up in Indonesia.

Can anyone tell me if this is true. And what are the key differences between the two if any?
Is Aicip only recognized/used in Australia?

Dan

Steven Doc
Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy, Egypt, Joined Feb 2011, 187

Steven Doc

Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy,
Egypt,
Joined Feb 2011
09:47 Mar-10-2016
Re: Aicip vs Api 510
In Reply to Daniel Oneill at 05:22 Mar-10-2016 (Opening).

Hello Dan,
Im an API 510 holder, and can honestly say that this is the first time I have heard of AICIP.

I know this doesn't really answer your questions, but might give some idea about the portability of the scheme.

Nick Welland
Other, Quality and NDT
Aben Technical Services, Australia, Joined Oct 1999, 42

Nick Welland

Other, Quality and NDT
Aben Technical Services,
Australia,
Joined Oct 1999
12:49 Mar-10-2016
Re: Aicip vs Api 510
In Reply to Daniel Oneill at 05:22 Mar-10-2016 (Opening).

Dan,
AICIP is an Australian qualification run by the WTIA. I believe it is applicable to inspections of in-service pressure equipment subject to Australian Standards and legislation. It is not recognized as far as I know by US and other international companies , particularly in the oil & gas sector.
Research and know the market you are aiming at.
Cheers, Nick

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window