where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Career Discussions
EMILIO GUTIERREZ
EMILIO GUTIERREZ
15:49 Jun-11-2016
WPS Costs

Hi.

I'd like to know, please if there is someone that I can help me. What is the cost of WPS, PQR & WPQR procedures in USA. Using Asme or AWS code and properly signed by CWI. It's just, to I to have an idea for costs. We need to a project welding in Central American.

I'm waiting your answers.

Best regards.

Thanks a lot.

Emilio G.

Volodymyr
Engineering, Deputy Director for Technical Issues/Head of Testing Laboratory/Chief of department/NDT
Joint Stock Company, Portugal, Joined Mar 2016, 25

Volodymyr

Engineering, Deputy Director for Technical Issues/Head of Testing Laboratory/Chief of department/NDT
Joint Stock Company,
Portugal,
Joined Mar 2016
15:58 Jun-12-2016
Re: WPS Costs
In Reply to EMILIO GUTIERREZ at 15:49 Jun-11-2016 (Opening).

I think, that it is about documents.
EN ISO 15609-1 (formally EN 288 Part 2) European Standard For Welding Procedure Specifications. EN ISO 15609 Defines the contents of a Welding Procedure Specification in the form of a list of information that should be recorded. For some applications it may be necessary to supplement or reduce the list. For example only in the case of a procedure requiring heat input control would there be a necessity to quote travel speed or run-out length for manual processes.
The cost of the WPS procedure depends on the type of weld thickness and material. I would estimate the cost of the cost of man-hours of professional who is able to write the necessary WPS. Also its depends on the country :) If I gets free WPS, I still check it - too expensive mistake.

Gerald Austin
Gerald Austin
00:46 Jun-15-2016
Re: WPS Costs
In Reply to EMILIO GUTIERREZ at 15:49 Jun-11-2016 (Opening).

The price varies widely depending on how the PQR is welded and tested. For ASME work, no RT is required so that cost is removed. I have used a company that will mill tensile specimens for $60.00 and I can get those pulled with reports for $60.00. So thats $120.00 for outside costs.

I do the bends in-house and prepare the applicable documents so about $120.00 is my cost plus welding/documentation time.

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window