where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
Mario Romero
NDT Inspector,
Sensata Technologies, Mexico, Joined Oct 2016, 10

Mario Romero

NDT Inspector,
Sensata Technologies,
Mexico,
Joined Oct 2016
17:51 Dec-15-2016
Tam Panel

I have a question, actually i'm working with the follow materials: penetrant type 1 dubl-chek hm 604 methods A & C, sensitivity level 3, dry powder developer Magnaflux ZP-4B Zyglo, a Tam Panel PSM-5; the situation is: originally the system performance established to daily check the Tam Panel is 4 stars, after send the Tam Panel to recertification the star named "A" changed from N/A to be measured with 0.026 IN. Now is necessary to record the fifth stars despite not appearing often? do I need to change my system performance?

Thank You in advance for you help.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 850

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
01:39 Dec-16-2016
Re: Tam Panel
In Reply to Mario Romero at 17:51 Dec-15-2016 (Opening).

Mario,

If someone in authority as requested that you record the 5th star, I think you should. This is what is requested from you. Technically speaking, I do have some question regarding your system sensitivity test. For one you should ask yourself why is it that the 5th star doesn't show up every time? Second, I think you would have better result if you followed the family concept. You stated that you are using Type 1 Double Check HM 604 pénétrant and ZP-4B Magnaflux Zyglo developer.

Rafid Omar Tinajero López
, NDT Level 3
Mexico, Joined Jan 2010, 79

, NDT Level 3
Mexico,
Joined Jan 2010
20:16 Dec-19-2016
In Reply to Michel Couture at 01:39 Dec-16-2016 .

Hi Mario

Remember that you have two checks.

1. The daily checks (system performance) and
2. The calibration or verification of the size of indications (verified periodically)

In the step number two you can have 5 indications (because this verification is performed with penetrameter of sensitivity number 4) but, with the step number 1 you can see only one and this is accepted.

Sensitivity number 3 = "MINIMUM" 4 indications
Sensitivity number 4 = 5 indications

Note: the minimum indication are 4 indication with penetrant level 3 but, if you see 5 indication you need see every day 5 indication.

If now you see 5 indications in your performance sytem, well, now you need see every day 5 indications, not 4.

You cannot see 4 indications today and, in the next day 5 indications and so on.

Any doubt, you can contact me: rafid.lopez@hotmail.com

Regards.

, NDT Level 3
Mexico, Joined Jan 2010, 79

, NDT Level 3
Mexico,
Joined Jan 2010
20:19 Dec-19-2016
In Reply to Rafid Omar Tinajero López at 20:16 Dec-19-2016 .

Sorry, I said penetrameter in my previous message and is penetrant.

I was thinking in radiography I don not why.

Regards

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window