where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
George Crowe
Consultant, AEROSPACE NDT
Self Employed, United Kingdom, Joined May 2013, 30

George Crowe

Consultant, AEROSPACE NDT
Self Employed,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2013
13:14 Mar-01-2017
Downloading Raw UT Data from Olympus Epoch 600

I need to download raw data from my Epoch 600 for processing. Can anyone help me? I need to output the data, but also need to know how the data is formatted so that I know how to read it!

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1274

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
14:11 Mar-01-2017
Re: Downloading Raw UT Data from Olympus Epoch 600
In Reply to George Crowe at 13:14 Mar-01-2017 (Opening).

George, in spite of earlier efforts in the industry to agree on a shared platform (like DICOM did for medical images), the industrial UT community has not developed such a shared protocol. The individual company formats are considered proprietary. I do, however, recall a feature in Tomoview where you could export data in an EXCEL format. There is a conversion tool to take Omniscan data and convert it to RDTiff format which can then be exported to xls format. Perhaps your ONDT rep can assist you here.

carlos correia
R & D, - -
UCV & EGROUP, Venezuela, Joined Oct 2008, 120

carlos correia

R & D, - -
UCV & EGROUP,
Venezuela,
Joined Oct 2008
15:26 Mar-01-2017
Re: Downloading Raw UT Data from Olympus Epoch 600
In Reply to Ed Ginzel at 14:11 Mar-01-2017 .

Olympus has something like a "software" called DATA ACCESS LIBRARY that lets you work with raw data using different languages as MATLAB or C,... but it is needed to buy the license. The system works propperly with Omniscan files but I ignore if it could work with other Olympus instruments.

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window