where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
shrikant more
India, Joined Mar 2017, 1

shrikant more

India,
Joined Mar 2017
10:00 Mar-29-2017
Regarding query for color blindness

Dear Sir,
Welcome..!!
I am shrikant more i work in NDT department last 10 months.I have color blindness ( Severe Red & Green).Can i do FPI & MPI inspection. ?
Can i have work in Radiography testing,Ultrasonic testing & Eddy current testing. ?
Sir kindly suggestion for me can i work in NDT in future ( R.T, U.T, & E.T ,V.T).
Please as soon as possible give the reply.

PRASANNA DESHPANDE
NDT Inspector,
JGC CORPORATION, India, Joined Feb 2017, 9

PRASANNA DESHPANDE

NDT Inspector,
JGC CORPORATION,
India,
Joined Feb 2017
15:54 Mar-29-2017
Re: Regarding query for color blindness
In Reply to shrikant more at 10:00 Mar-29-2017 (Opening).

for PT & MT color vision is must with near vision and shdeas of grey.. but for RT, UT & ET near vision and shades of gray is enough..

James Scalf
NDT Inspector,
Global Integrity, Canada, Joined Oct 2012, 274

James Scalf

NDT Inspector,
Global Integrity,
Canada,
Joined Oct 2012
14:59 Mar-30-2017
Re: Regarding query for color blindness
In Reply to shrikant more at 10:00 Mar-29-2017 (Opening).

Have a read of ISO 9712 section 7.

While colour blindness doesn't preclude you from performing NDT you need to be cognizant of the fact that for LPI and MPI the colour of the materials used therein might.

LPI used in Visual Dye Penetrant methods is normally Red in colour while those used in Fluorescent Dye Penetrant normally fluoresces in the Green - Green/Yellow hue. There are Dye penetrants that are used in special application that have other colour hues but the two above are the norm.
MPI used in the Colour Contrast method is normally Black Particle but like LPI the Fluorescent particles are normally excited into a green - green/yellow hue.

This being the case depending on how severe your colour blindness is you may not be a good candidate for performing those forms of inspections.

Thanks to digitisation and LCD application most modern UT and ET instruments allow you to adjust the colour palettes on the display so Colour Blindness should not be a major hindrance for those methods.

Hope this helps. Cheers...

James

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window