where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.
Technical Discussions
Mario Romero
NDT Inspector,
Sensata Technologies, Mexico, Joined Oct 2016, 10

Mario Romero

NDT Inspector,
Sensata Technologies,
Mexico,
Joined Oct 2016
17:08 Apr-08-2017
Procedure example.

Hello to everyone.
On the next months I will need to do a exam to get certificate under the NAS410 standard and I need to write a procedure od FPI, can somebody share with me an example how to do? I mean, an example of the complete needs of my customer an the procedure.
Any help will be welcome
Thank you in advance for your help.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 850

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
22:00 Apr-08-2017
Re: Procedure example.
In Reply to Mario Romero at 17:08 Apr-08-2017 (Opening).

Mario, why don't you look into ASTM FPI procedure and from that try to write your own. As long as you cover all the points from the procedure, you should be all right.

Product Spotlight

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window