where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Thanh Trinh Cong
Thanh Trinh Cong
11:33 Apr-12-2017
fix error SD card not compatible with Phased array Ominiscan MX2

Dear! NDT brothers! need your helps.
I having a problem with my Omniscan MX2 equipment. Firstly my equipment smooth run still I take out SD card and connect it to my Laptop for delete some old files not necessary. When I connect SD card back MX2 display one notification "please insert a storage device" on the top of screen and "The curent storage device contains no compatible applications". I ready format SD card and reset again soflware dowload from http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/service-and-support/downloads/#!dlOpen=%2Fen%2Fdownloads%2Fdetail%2F%3F0%5Bdownloads%5D%5Bid%5D%3D276824377. and run back but it still same status. I change a NEW SD card, the same status happen.
So, please tell me how to fix this error and what is this error? if you know,please. thankyou very much.

Hamid Reza
Canada, Joined Oct 2016, 68

Hamid Reza

Canada,
Joined Oct 2016
13:56 Apr-13-2017
Re: fix error SD card not compatible with Phased array Ominiscan MX2
In Reply to Thanh Trinh Cong at 11:33 Apr-12-2017 (Opening).

Dear Thanh,

I have not run into the same problem with Omniscan MX2 so I cannot comment on your problem with confidence! But I have seen the same problem with an SIUI device and it was related to the file system (exFAT, FAT32, NTFS, ext4...). If I were in your shoes the first thing I would do... I would check the manual to see what file system the device supports.

Then plug the SD card with an adapter to your computer... Then use this program:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

and format the SD card to the supported file system and allocation unit size...

Then you can download the software there and test the device.

If there is not any information about the file system type you can check another working SD Card to see what is the file system or format your new SD Card to fat32, ntfs, etc... and see if works.

By the way this can happen to both SD Card and USB flash drives.

Needless to say, you have to

1. download the zip file.
2. put it in to a folder on your computer. (it must be a windows OS)
3. unzip/extract it.
4. run the InstallOmniScan.exe as an administrator (right click and choose run as admin...).

Good Luck!

Sincerely,
EB

Sudheer Jai Krishnan
Sudheer Jai Krishnan
14:22 Apr-14-2017
Re: fix error SD card not compatible with Phased array Ominiscan MX2
In Reply to Thanh Trinh Cong at 11:33 Apr-12-2017 (Opening).

Hello

You are having a bad contact with the SD card and the SD Connector with the MX2. Please contact your Olympus Service Center and mention this message to them. May be they can fix the issue with few hundred dollars

Regards
Sudheer

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window