where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

Career Discussions
RAMESHRAM
NDT Inspector,
India, Joined Nov 2015, 5

RAMESHRAM

NDT Inspector,
India,
Joined Nov 2015
10:05 Jul-03-2017
Reg: ASNT LEVEL III PREPARATORY CLASSES

Dear Experts,

Hoping to get help from you all regarding a good institute for doing ASNT LEVEL III PREPARATORY classes in INDIA, especially in TAMILNADU (if any ).

Thanks in Advance

S V Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S V Swamy

Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
13:04 Jul-03-2017
Re: Reg: ASNT LEVEL III PREPARATORY CLASSES
In Reply to RAMESHRAM at 10:05 Jul-03-2017 (Opening).

In my view, the ISNT Chapters conducting the ASNT Level III or ISNT Level III Exam are the best. The training is rigorous and there are many internal tests of very high standard, thus exposing our limitations and helping us to strengthen those areas. They are relatively affordable too in my view.

RAMESHRAM
NDT Inspector,

RAMESHRAM

NDT Inspector,
India,
Joined Nov 2015
21:13 Jul-03-2017
In Reply to S V Swamy at 13:04 Jul-03-2017 .

Thanks alot sir...I checked for ISNT classes on web but it's available only at Mumbai.. is there any good institutes in south India that you could suggest..(if it's not a concern to you)

RAMESHRAM
NDT Inspector,

RAMESHRAM

NDT Inspector,
India,
Joined Nov 2015
21:27 Jul-03-2017
In Reply to S V Swamy at 13:04 Jul-03-2017 .

Sir you have mentioned about ISNT chapter chennai?!

S V Swamy

S V Swamy

India,
Joined Feb 2001
22:15 Jul-03-2017
In Reply to RAMESHRAM at 21:27 Jul-03-2017 .

I think you should keep checking the ISNT website every few months....right now, it appears to be outdated. The next date for the ASNT Level III Exam is not mentioned. Once the new date is announced, the refresher course also would be announced.

You could also contact ISNT Chennai Chapter and or National Certification Board (co-located in ISNT office, Guindy) so that they can keep you informed of the developments.

Best wishes

Swamy
Hyderabad

RAMESHRAM
NDT Inspector,

RAMESHRAM

NDT Inspector,
India,
Joined Nov 2015
07:51 Jul-04-2017
In Reply to S V Swamy at 22:15 Jul-03-2017 .

Sir, thanks sure ill check with ISNT CHENNAI...Meanwhile, i checked with an institute in my locality where they charge 30 k for preparatory alone (BASIC + UT) for a total of 10 days session.Since I plan to do the preparatory in my vacation (currently working abroad) I thought I could get an idea of how a LEVEL III exam will be like.

Is it a genuine offering as per you! That particular institute has sent the profile of the faculty also which seems promising with 40+ years of experience as LEVEL III!!

Needs guidance...

S V Swamy

S V Swamy

India,
Joined Feb 2001
09:17 Jul-04-2017
In Reply to RAMESHRAM at 07:51 Jul-04-2017 .

I confess that I have no idea about the many private institutes in India. Some of them are no doubt competent, but I have no first hand experience. So, can't guide you better.

Shyamsunder
R & D
GE Global Research, India, Joined May 2001, 2

Shyamsunder

R & D
GE Global Research,
India,
Joined May 2001
04:35 Jul-06-2017
In Reply to S V Swamy at 09:17 Jul-04-2017 .

ISNT Chennai Chapter is planning to conduct Refresher Course for Level III sometime in September 2017. Please stay in touch with them on isntchennaichapter@gmail.com to know the details

suman ghosh
suman ghosh
10:39 Jul-24-2017
In Reply to RAMESHRAM at 10:05 Jul-03-2017 (Opening).

sir
you can try out Bhide's Ndt in mumbai.

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window