where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Rigzang Tashi
Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority, Bhutan, Joined Aug 2015, 12

Rigzang Tashi

Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority,
Bhutan,
Joined Aug 2015
07:19 Aug-09-2017
Testing methods for quality check of painting works on steel plate/parts

Metals plates other than stainless steel are painted to prevent from rusting/corrosion. I would like to know if there is any Testing mthod classified in NDT or DT for checking the quality of paints other than Visual Inspection and Dye Film Thickness measurement.

Thanks

Rigzang Tashi

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
12:58 Aug-12-2017
Re: Testing methods for quality check of painting works on steel plate/parts
In Reply to Rigzang Tashi at 07:19 Aug-09-2017 (Opening).

Rigzang.
Following I indicate to you two tests that can be used:
a) Holiday, pinhole, or spark testing.
b) Adhesion testing.
Regards.

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window