where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
mohammed alkhadri
NDT Inspector,
Azzawiya Oil Refining Company, Libya, Joined Sep 2016, 3

mohammed alkhadri

NDT Inspector,
Azzawiya Oil Refining Company,
Libya,
Joined Sep 2016
08:07 Aug-17-2017
UT in liue of RT in weld inspection

Dear Sirs
Could I use conventional UT to inspect furnace tubes welding instead of RT ? Please give me reference standard ????

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
13:32 Aug-17-2017
Re: UT in liue of RT in weld inspection
In Reply to mohammed alkhadri at 08:07 Aug-17-2017 (Opening).

This depends on the agreed codes, standards or specifications

Rigzang Tashi
Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority, Bhutan, Joined Aug 2015, 12

Rigzang Tashi

Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority,
Bhutan,
Joined Aug 2015
06:16 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to mohammed alkhadri at 08:07 Aug-17-2017 (Opening).

Diego,

The latest version of ASME Sec V (2010 edition) states that UT can be done in liue of RT. We have also done UT for RT in fields where arrangement of RT was very difficult.

Regards!

Tashi

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1280

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
13:31 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to Rigzang Tashi at 06:16 Aug-18-2017 .

Rigzang, can you please provide the paragraph in ASME Sec. V that you are referring to that states UT can be used in lieu of RT? I do not recall seeing this permission in Section V.
By the way, 2010 is no longer the latest edition of ASME V (2015 and 2017 have since been released).

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 188

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
13:31 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to Rigzang Tashi at 06:16 Aug-18-2017 .

Rigzang.
ASME Section V does not indicate the conditions under which it is possible to carry out UT in lieu of RT. It is shown in those Code Sections used as "Rules for Constructions"; as examples: Section I, and Section VIII, Div. 1 or 2. Also Code Case may be used.

Product Spotlight

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window