where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
mohammed alkhadri
NDT Inspector,
Azzawiya Oil Refining Company, Libya, Joined Sep 2016, 3

mohammed alkhadri

NDT Inspector,
Azzawiya Oil Refining Company,
Libya,
Joined Sep 2016
08:07 Aug-17-2017
UT in liue of RT in weld inspection

Dear Sirs
Could I use conventional UT to inspect furnace tubes welding instead of RT ? Please give me reference standard ????

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 201

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
13:32 Aug-17-2017
Re: UT in liue of RT in weld inspection
In Reply to mohammed alkhadri at 08:07 Aug-17-2017 (Opening).

This depends on the agreed codes, standards or specifications

Rigzang Tashi
Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority, Bhutan, Joined Aug 2015, 12

Rigzang Tashi

Engineering,
Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority,
Bhutan,
Joined Aug 2015
06:16 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to mohammed alkhadri at 08:07 Aug-17-2017 (Opening).

Diego,

The latest version of ASME Sec V (2010 edition) states that UT can be done in liue of RT. We have also done UT for RT in fields where arrangement of RT was very difficult.

Regards!

Tashi

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1307

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
13:31 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to Rigzang Tashi at 06:16 Aug-18-2017 .

Rigzang, can you please provide the paragraph in ASME Sec. V that you are referring to that states UT can be used in lieu of RT? I do not recall seeing this permission in Section V.
By the way, 2010 is no longer the latest edition of ASME V (2015 and 2017 have since been released).

Diego
Consultant,
Freelance, Spain, Joined May 2013, 201

Diego

Consultant,
Freelance,
Spain,
Joined May 2013
13:31 Aug-18-2017
In Reply to Rigzang Tashi at 06:16 Aug-18-2017 .

Rigzang.
ASME Section V does not indicate the conditions under which it is possible to carry out UT in lieu of RT. It is shown in those Code Sections used as "Rules for Constructions"; as examples: Section I, and Section VIII, Div. 1 or 2. Also Code Case may be used.

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)

Download our white paper on Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Using 3D VSHARP, a fast GPU-Based Linear Boltzmann Transport Equation Solver here: http://bit.ly/2Y0t78P
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window