where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Technical Discussions
x.j.
Student,
China, Joined Jul 2004, 1

x.j.

Student,
China,
Joined Jul 2004
05:47 Jul-09-2004
How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?

which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
thanks a lot

fs
fs
02:38 Jul-09-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
: thanks a lot
------------ End Original Message ------------

inside flaw and outside flaw' signal have different frequency.

MIC
Consultant
AGM Techno consultants, India, Joined Jan 2003, 22

MIC

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
06:15 Jul-12-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
MFL was used normally as a tool to detect and not to distinguish between I.D and O.D. but I have operated an instrument that belongs to R/D tech to test tubes – carbon steel - who has got capability to do the distinguish.

I did operated 3-different Tank floor machines based on MFL , also other brands of tube inspection devices based on MFL, and a pipe scanner with permanent Magnet, and I always want to have this facility.

The fact was known that Frequency will be different for I.D and O.D flaws, but was not avail to me till I operated R/D instrument. Need more info please send mail to mic_ndt@yahoo.com

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window