where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Sanjeev
Sanjeev
18:00 Mar-23-2018
PAUT
zoom image

Paut

zoom image

Paut

Dear expert
U have one doubt regarding paut data , image attached along with
My question is why black dot is coming in sectoral setup.
Probe 5L64-A2, equipment mx2 16:128
Setup : 2 sectorial(Angle resolution 0.5 ) & one linear.
Scanning speed 40
Material P11
Please help
Thanks

sungeun,joo
R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team, South Korea, Joined Jun 2013, 11

sungeun,joo

R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team,
South Korea,
Joined Jun 2013
04:14 Mar-26-2018
Re: PAUT
In Reply to Sanjeev at 18:00 Mar-23-2018 (Opening).

Dear Sanjeev

I think it's better to set widen range and retest.
and if the same signal appears at the same angle with the same interval, you can suspect excess root penentration.

Mark
Zambia, Joined Jun 2016, 49

Mark

Zambia,
Joined Jun 2016
16:47 Mar-26-2018

Sanjeev
I think some pixels of display screen is dead.Save scan and image of sectorial scan by instrument on omni sd card.open the scan and image by PC.

Sanjeev
Sanjeev
20:30 Mar-27-2018
In Reply to Mark at 16:47 Mar-26-2018 .

Thanks for the reply
But In my equipment there are other setup file avilable , all other setup file having no problem axcept this setup
So is it possibly any other reason?
Please reply
Thank you

Lucian R.
NDT Inspector,
Romania, Joined Sep 2010, 6

Lucian R.

NDT Inspector,
Romania,
Joined Sep 2010
22:10 Mar-28-2018
In Reply to sungeun,joo at 04:14 Mar-26-2018 .

Dear Joo Sungeon, please let me ask you a question for your statement "if the same signal appears at the same angle with the same interval, you can suspect excess root penentration.": how can make sure (that is not only to suspect) root penetration?
Would you recommend a few steps on this matter (ensuring signal is from root)? Like - checking from the other side (is this required or only recommended?). Other tips.
Thanks,
Lucian R.

Nicholas Bublitz
Other,
VeriPhase, USA, Joined May 2010, 134

Nicholas Bublitz

Other,
VeriPhase,
USA,
Joined May 2010
23:07 Mar-28-2018

zoom image

Sanjeev,

This looks mainly like electrical noise. If the equipment was plugged in check the line for fluctuations, otherwise welding or fork truck in area etc. This could also be a bad encoder- check all cables for rips etc.

Other than that check PRF, you have higher resolution and fast scan speed and may need to adjust PRF until you do not see the noise.

Sanjeev
Sanjeev
17:23 Mar-29-2018
In Reply to Nicholas Bublitz at 23:07 Mar-28-2018 .

Thank you Nicholas sir
I think you r right. I will try ,
Thank you very much

Sungeun, Joo
R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team, South Korea, Joined Jun 2013, 11

Sungeun, Joo

R & D, UT
Prognosis Diagnosis Team,
South Korea,
Joined Jun 2013
08:57 Apr-02-2018
In Reply to Sanjeev at 17:23 Mar-29-2018 .

Sanjeev

I misunderstood your question.
'Black dot' should be Electrorical noise. somtimes this happen when somebody weld around(cause of welding earth).

Mr.Lucian.R
Please mail me what you want to know.

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window