where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes (CMS) is a leader in Non Destructive Testing (NDT) with a complete range of products for eddy current and ultrasonic i ...
Career Discussions
Xiao Wei
Engineering,
UniSA, Singapore, Joined Jun 2018, 10

Xiao Wei

Engineering,
UniSA,
Singapore,
Joined Jun 2018
02:14 Jun-25-2018
UT Question

Hi All,
Have another questions from ASNT UT L3 Q&A, I am ASNT PT, MT L3, now studying UT L3, pls share your knowledge, thanks.

A DAC Curve is to be established using the SDHs in the test block as shown in figure 3.1. Three points have been established: 1/8, 2/8, and 3/8 nodes from 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 T SDHs. What would be the next point?

Matt
Engineering,
GE Aviation, China, Joined Nov 2012, 7

Matt

Engineering,
GE Aviation,
China,
Joined Nov 2012
09:51 Jun-25-2018
Re: UT Question
In Reply to Xiao Wei at 02:14 Jun-25-2018 (Opening).

Maybe you can provide more details such as your figure 3.1 to better understand your question.
Normally your DAC points used should cover your depth to be tested, from thinnest to thickest.

Xiao Wei
Engineering,

Xiao Wei

Engineering,
UniSA,
Singapore,
Joined Jun 2018
13:07 Jun-25-2018
In Reply to Matt at 09:51 Jun-25-2018 .

Hi Matt, I have sent you an email for the figure 3.1, thanks.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 869

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
21:38 Jun-25-2018

Xiao,

You are studying to pass your Level 3UT! Have you done your Level 2 in ultrasonic? If the anwser is no, I'll save you some money. Don't attempt the exam. The question you are asking are the type that is found on UT Level 1 exam in Canada.

If there was a situation where as a Level 3, you came to audit me regarding my UT work, I wouldn't waist any of my time on you. This is on thing I dislike people with paper that don't know what they are doing.

Shawn
Shawn
03:06 Jun-26-2018

Next points would be 5/8, 6/8, 7/8

Matt
Engineering,
GE Aviation, China, Joined Nov 2012, 7

Matt

Engineering,
GE Aviation,
China,
Joined Nov 2012
04:57 Jun-26-2018
In Reply to Xiao Wei at 13:07 Jun-25-2018 .

Got your email and replied, it is a question about DAC calibration with angle beam, not surprise for you asking this question if you have no experience in this specific field. One point remind to you, the 1/8 2/8 3/8 nodes are set with the first leg for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 T SDHs seperately, and the following 5/8 6/8 7/8 nodes are with the second leg.

Xiao Wei
Engineering,

Xiao Wei

Engineering,
UniSA,
Singapore,
Joined Jun 2018
17:02 Jun-27-2018
In Reply to Michel Couture at 21:38 Jun-25-2018 .

hi, I have passed PCN UT L2, unfortunately there is nothing related to this question I have learned. I also dislike ppl like you that don't know any background of others and misjudge others, pls don't waste your precious time on me, and I also don't have to waste my time to reply funny things.

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window