where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Technical Discussions
Bruce Maxfield
Bruce Maxfield
00:36 Feb-17-2019
Establishing a Certification for EMAT Ultrasonic NDE

I am a consultant working with itRobotics in the Houston, Texas area (www.itrobotics.com). itRobotics is commercializing EMATs for applications within several industrial sectors. Some potential users of these NDE inspection services have inquired about having some of their inspection technicians trained to perform an independent assessment of inspection issues for their suitability to benefit them from one or more of the cost, environmental or other advantages that may be inherent in an EMAT-based inspection. The experience of itRobotics as well as my own personal experience is that a large majority of NDT technicians or engineers possessing Level III UT certification are not equipped to perform EMAT-based test evaluations. Currently, I do the training as well as EMAT test assessment suitability for itRobotics. This could certainly be viewed by a prospective client as not being an independent test assessment and evaluation. I have been asked by itRobotics to look into establishing an independent training and certification program through some appropriate professional organization. I am posting here to solicit feedback from the ultrasonic NDE/NDT community on which body or bodies might be most appropriate as the “certification authority”.

ASHOK KUMAR PATRA
Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co, Saudi Arabia, Joined May 2018, 55

ASHOK KUMAR PATRA

Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined May 2018
12:25 Feb-17-2019
Re: Establishing a Certification for EMAT Ultrasonic NDE
In Reply to Bruce Maxfield at 00:36 Feb-17-2019 (Opening).

EMAT is a technique of Ultrasonic testing. Only you use magnetostriction for sound generation then data acquisition and plotting A-scan B-scan or C-scan. You have to calibrate machine as per UT only.

So level-III in UT can provide this training provided he has good knowledge of EMAT machine.

Or he will change your procedure and nominate you as a trainer in your procedure for qualification of level-I/ level-II technicians and himself.

Then he will arrange for test as per ASNT-TC -1A . General min 40 questions, Specific 20 questions min, Practical and Reporting.

signing authority as per ASNT a Level-III UT.

If only machine operator you yourself can provide training.

Petronext International
Petronext International
07:55 Feb-19-2019

So level-III in UT can provide this training provided he has good knowledge of EMAT machine.

ASHOK KUMAR PATRA
Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co, Saudi Arabia, Joined May 2018, 55

ASHOK KUMAR PATRA

Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined May 2018
09:46 Feb-19-2019
In Reply to Petronext International at 07:55 Feb-19-2019 .

Dear,

If he has good knowledge and have a certificate of training from the machine manufacturer is better.
so the proof of some training and good practical and reporting.

Volkan Eritmen
Sales,
Innerspec Technologies, Spain, Joined Jan 2019, 5

Volkan Eritmen

Sales,
Innerspec Technologies,
Spain,
Joined Jan 2019
12:03 Feb-19-2019
In Reply to ASHOK KUMAR PATRA at 09:46 Feb-19-2019 .

We, Innerspec Technologies, are providing EMAT trainings for our customers. They could focus on a specific application such as High Temperature Thickness Measuremen, Residual Stress Measurement or Corrosion Detection Under Pipe Support or simply they could get a full EMAT training includes all of our main applications.

For more information please contact me: veritmen@innerspec.com

Clair D'El Rei
NDT Inspector,
I am looking for a new opportunity in the labor market and I accept proposals from other countries i, Brazil, Joined Feb 2019, 15

Clair D'El Rei

NDT Inspector,
I am looking for a new opportunity in the labor market and I accept proposals from other countries i,
Brazil,
Joined Feb 2019
19:25 Feb-20-2019

Good afternoon;
I am an Inspector in UT-ASNT TC1A/ISO9712 e UT SNQC/ABENDI-BRASIL / ISO9712.
I would like to receive more information about this application method for inspection.

Product Spotlight

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

Micro CT

nanoVoxel series has nano-scale resolution by using high voltage X-ray source (from 80-300 kV) wit
h micro focal spot and highly sensitive detector including different kinds of big size panel detectors and lens coupling CCD.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window