where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
rarseneau
rarseneau
17:45 Jun-05-2019
DLA Probe Cross Talk

I have a DLA probe that has a large standing wave. I am able to isolate the area of the insulator which is causing the issue, wondering if anyone has any experience in correcting/repairing the insulator?

Looking for suggestions on what materials (if any) I could use to re-insulate the damaged section.

Ali
NDT Inspector,
Iran, Joined Mar 2013, 109

Ali

NDT Inspector,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2013
05:08 Jun-06-2019
Re: DLA Probe Cross Talk
In Reply to rarseneau at 17:45 Jun-05-2019 (Opening).

The manufacturer of wedges should be responsible for this problem. If you are making your own DLA wedges, you could use silicone sponge gaskets that has adhesive on both surface.

rarseneau
rarseneau
15:29 Jun-06-2019
Re: DLA Probe Cross Talk
In Reply to Ali at 05:08 Jun-06-2019 .

Thanks Ali

The probes are not new, they have been refinished as the wear face had become dished from repeated use. I realize the probe manufacturer should/could correct the issue, I was looking for an in house fix.

I will look into the silicone sponge gaskets.

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window