where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology
Technical Discussions
Mathias
Mathias
06:04 Aug-22-2005
Digital X-Ray

Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.

Ken Hardy
Ken Hardy
05:11 Aug-24-2005
Re: Digital X-Ray
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
------------ End Original Message ------------
The Technology is avaiable to meet your requirements at a real time rate for most applications

Dan Guerrero
Dan Guerrero
07:01 Aug-24-2005
: What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.

There are several options depending on throughput and mechanical manipulation.

Mathias
Mathias
08:17 Aug-25-2005
: : Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: : What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
: There are several options depending on throughput and mechanical manipulation.
Yes, I know about the different options but can you explain why nobody uses it in the sectors with the most severe weld requirements?

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
05:29 Aug-25-2005

If you are in India, contact Mahindra Intertrade Ltd. We have Vidisco Flat Panel System for that applications. We can send you the details.

Simon.

John Pursley
R & D
Envision Product Design, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

John Pursley

R & D
Envision Product Design,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
09:37 Aug-25-2005
If contact me by email, I will supply contact information of some of our customers who have experience with weld inspection using digital X-ray.

: : Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: : What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
: The Technology is avaiable to meet your requirements at a real time rate for most applications

Gary
Consultant
TWI, United Kingdom, Joined May 2001, 15

Gary

Consultant
TWI,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2001
01:56 Aug-25-2005

Mathias

TWI has some 50 NDT Engineers and has undertaken several studies as an independent organisation in this field.

We also offer a service to project manage/oversee the change from film to digital process. Further help is available from the NDT Validation Centre situated in South Wales.

Please use my works email (Gary.Penney@twi.co.uk) or call +44 777 617 45 85 for any further information.

Hajo Schulenburg
Hajo Schulenburg
01:00 Aug-31-2005
Hello,
i´m the managing director of VisiConsult ( Germany ). We can deliver solutions for digital imageprocessing. We have installed systems for weld inspection, with flat panel solutions.Please have a look on our product range on our homepage.

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window