where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
M.eskandarzade
Other, Technical Inspector Qoordinator
G.G.S Group, Iran, Joined Mar 2006, 10

M.eskandarzade

G.G.S Group,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2006
08:12 Jul-11-2006
EMATs

if it is possible tell me how is used reflection and transmission coefficients in the application of pipeline or plate flaw detection for determine the depth of cracks with the use of EMAT? also i don't know what does the mode mean (SH waves n1 mode & n2 mode..) in electromagnetic wave propagation?

mehdi
G.G.S Group, Iran, Joined Mar 2006, 10

mehdi

G.G.S Group,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2006
03:50 Jul-19-2006
Re: EMATs
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: if it is possible tell me how is used reflection and transmission coefficients in the application of pipeline or plate flaw detection for determine the depth of cracks with the use of EMAT? also i don't know what does the mode mean (SH waves n1 mode & n2 mode..) in electromagnetic wave propagation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear Dr. Maxfield

thank you for useful information. approximately i get my answer.unfortunately i can not send you the messege on your e-mail. i won't forget your assistance.

best regards

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window