where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Technical Discussions
Joerg
Joerg
00:55 Nov-07-2006
Strain gauge protection for FPI

Hey, I'm looking for a protection of strain gauges during a FPI (fluorescent penetrant inspection).
Does anybody can give me a tip how to do so???
Thanks in advance
Jörg

Bob Cully
Engineering
Ardrox Engineering, United Kingdom, Joined Sep 2002, 2

Bob Cully

Engineering
Ardrox Engineering,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2002
02:57 Nov-07-2006
Re: Strain gauge protection for FPI
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hey, I'm looking for a protection of strain gauges during a FPI (fluorescent penetrant inspection).
: Does anybody can give me a tip how to do so???
: Thanks in advance
: Jörg
------------ End Original Message ------------

I've never used it for strain gauges, but the sealant that we've used for years with penetrant is `polysulphide', which we get from builders merchants. It's real `chocolate on a baby's blanket' stuff though...

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window