where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Gerald
Gerald
00:10 Feb-22-2007
Radiographic trend tracking

Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.

Jimbo
Jimbo
05:24 Feb-24-2007
Re: Radiographic trend tracking
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

In my personal opinion, a repair is a repair. It still costs mooney to fix it. Whether it is a small gas pore or a long LOF, it is still a repair. Some people track it by linear length others by joints.
I track by joints. Divide the repairs by the number of welds radiographed. The gives you the repair rate in perccentage.

Product Spotlight

Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)

Download our white paper on Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Using 3D VSHARP, a fast GPU-Based Linear Boltzmann Transport Equation Solver here: http://bit.ly/2Y0t78P
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window